Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
This individual will primarily be responsible for the development of segment strategies as well as working with the existing/pipeline brand teams to develop the brand strategy specific to the various segments. With the support of the extended team, this individual will help facilitate the tactical implementation of these strategies. Segments of responsibility include: CMS based markets specifically Medicare, Medicaid, and ACA Marketplaces. The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical reimbursement environment specifically related to managed health care, payer trends and manufacturer-payer relationships with a thorough understanding of marketing principles and practices within the industry.
- Responsible for managing the Segment Marketing promotion budget and establishing annual budget strategy in collaboration with the brand teams with regular reporting updates to Brand Leads and VP, Managed Markets
- Develops segment strategies and objectives and ensures execution for CMS Managed Care Segment
- Works to improve on data analytics and internal platforms (Fast: RX, VIA, QuickQlik etc) available for Non-Retail segments
- Provide specific segment insights to the organization (internal stakeholders and field team)
- Act as an integral part of the brand planning process, taking accountability for the development and execution of segment strategies and tactics
- Develop plans and execute key programs aligned with brand and segment strategies to improve product reimbursement, drive sales and profitable relationships with key accounts and government market segment
- Leads development of segment programs, product pull through and product awareness
- Provides leadership to effectively meet brand and corporate objectives
- Plans & manages financial resources to impact business in positive way, consistently monitoring ROI of projects and segmentation strategies.
- Thorough understanding of internal SOPs and PRC (E-red, ProMat, etc) processes and ability to manage multiple projects while sharing key learnings and strategic changes in messaging.
- Works collaboratively with Field Sales (Managed Care Account team and Field Sales Leadership) for Business Planning, aligning corporate, brand and field objectives, and POA content and delivery.
- Works with peer segment marketing colleagues and leadership throughout the Managed Markets department to deploy resources and implement/oversee processes to meet strategic objectives.
- Facilitates commercial Managed Care training for field sales team in collaboration with the Managed Markets Training Team.
- Maintains relationship and oversight of vendors of record with whom we conduct routine business (Formulary Data, Promotional materials and events, Market Research, Training etc).
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a concentration in Business, Finance or Economics is preferred.
- An advanced degree such as an MBA or MPH is also preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant pharmaceutical marketing experience is required; knowledge of pharmaceutical sales is highly preferred.
- People management experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of government payer audiences including Medicare; Commercial Segment dynamics and business practice/policy/regulatory changes that may have an impact on the organization’s business (present and future) is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation and listening skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross functional teams across business divisions moving from issue into action is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively while handling multiple projects against strict deadlines is required.
- Goal-oriented to maintain focus for department and keep team on purpose in achieving multiple objectives is required.
- A demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans, conduct and interpret market research that is both qualitative and quantitative, and understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment is required.
- Experience with product strategy development and execution is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access skills is required.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 19 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...