Senior Manager, Social Media
Location: Pasadena, CA
Job Function: Sales and Marketing
Job Code: 1138
# of openings: 1
Green Dot (NYSE: GDOT), which launched in 1999, is a publicly traded bank holding company primarily regulated by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. The Company provides widely distributed, low cost banking and payment solutions to a broad base of U.S. consumers. Green Dot's products and services include its market leading category of General Purpose Reloadable (GPR) prepaid cards and its industry-leading cash transfer network. Green Dot reloadable prepaid debit cards are designed for long-term, general spending and budgeting purposes and can be used everywhere that MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted. Green Dot has a wide product distribution network that includes approximately 60,000 retail stores nationwide, where 95% of Americans shop. Green Dot is headquartered in the greater Los Angeles area. For more details, visit www.greendot.com.
Senior Manager, Social Media
Green Dot team members (from the CEO… to customer service agents… to the web team) are obsessed with changing Americans’ banking experience and serving the consumer’s needs online, offline and across the 60,000 retailers selling Green Dot products nationwide.
The financial industry (or prepaid debit industry, for that matter) isn’t quite known for its explosive, forward-thinking social media presence. We want someone to help change that. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, energetic person to build the Green Dot card brand on social media. This person will oversee social media marketing and social customer interaction for current and future Green Dot products.
- Stir up a passion among the team to entertain, engage and serve our customers’ needs
- Develop a new creative strategy to engage our customers through social media and Manage the social channel’s customer care response plans
- Develop calendar for social media communications (i.e. - seasonally, holiday-oriented, etc.)
- Manage communications on Facebook, Twitter, and other channels on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure that the social media channels are aligned with other touch-points, incorporate in-store and online promotions when appropriate
- Effectively lead the creative and approvals process, managing numerous projects simultaneously, in close partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Partner closely with legal and compliance to ensure social media content is in compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Work with Senior Director and Product team to enhance retention marketing efforts
- Report on social media metrics (Likes, followers, etc.) and monitor customer sentiment and conversations
Green Dot is an ‘Equal Opportunity Employer’ and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
- 5-7 years social media and/or digital marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Customer-focused and innovative with a keen eye/ear for customer service matters, written warmth, and good instincts
- Exceptional writing skills, ability to adjust voice and tone for different audiences
- Organized and self-motivated with leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving category and company
- Passionate about social & digital customer engagement
- News junkie - loves current events / pop culture, can effortlessly spot angles and tie-ins for our brands.
- Entrepreneurial – has a passion to learn new categories (like consumer finance) and bring creative change to the face of social media
Green Dot Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
If you've got the green but not the plastic, Green Dot would like to help. The company offers prepaid debit cards through approximately...