Technical Support Manager
Technical Support Manager
Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and nonwoven papers, currently has an opening for a Senior Manager, Technical Support within the R&D and Technology Center in our Currency Papers Division.
The Technical Support group provides support for current manufacturing products and processes, scale-up and trials for new products, and technical support to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. The Technical Support Manager manages the team to achieve these objectives. The incumbent ensures the effectiveness of the process engineering group and responsible for the process and product performance in working closely with Operations and Engineering. The team will work with the B.E.P. to resolve customer concerns, improve the robustness of products and optimize process performance. Coordinate and execute approved technical service activities at the BEP. Group will also collaborate with the product development team to validate and help commercialize new products. The incumbent ensures the team effectively manages projects; he/she will plan, schedule and ensure compliance with quality and safety systems.
- BS degree in Engineering or Science required; Graduate degree in Engineering or Management desired.
- 12+ years’ experience in Process Engineering
- 3-5 years in a role as a Team Leader/Manager
- Experience in Process Engineering management is required, preferably in continuous process
- Effectively manage the projects by managing the team, effective planning/scheduling and ensuring compliance with quality and safety systems. Prior experience in project management is highly desirable
- Strong analytical trouble shooting skills and practical user of Six Sigma tools as required, such as process mapping, FMEA and DOE to facilitate continuous improvement projects and troubleshooting internally and for customer support
- Paper making experience is desired, but not a requirement
- Prior project management experience highly desired
- Ability to liaise and coordinate the scale-up and validation trials in the mill working closely with the product development group for new products
- Train and mentor the Process Engineers and lead by example
- Ability to effectively manage and to work with cross-functional groups without positional authority. Results-oriented motivator who drives the team to success
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across the organization and with customers, exercising strong judgment and finesse
- Desire to grow with the organization and take upon more responsibility as the opportunity presents itself
- Proven mentoring, coaching and organizational development skills
- Must possess a driver’s license and have a vehicle for travel between Company sites
- Will involve about 30% travel to vendor and customer sites for vendor development and customer support.
- Must be able to pass and maintain security clearance through the United States Treasury Departmen
Crane & Co. is one of the longest-standing companies within the banknote industry. Our group of companies has been making paper, developing security features and printing banknotes for more than 250 years. US currency paper, first produced by Crane in 1879, in many ways, set the standards for today’s range of banknote substrates. Our vision of the future is simple and clear – cash will continue to remain the single most preferred payments instrument, so long as our industry continues to evolve and embrace innovation. Our research and development programs advanced manufacturing facilities and comprehensive range of banknote products and services are symbols of our commitment to this future.
Also known for our high end Social and Business stationery, the Crane brand is one of the most recognizable names in stationery paper. The simple elegance of cotton papers have long made them the paper of choice for fine stationery and invitations. Crane & Co. has been providing the highest quality of craftsmanship to stationery since 1801.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Manager
CRANE & CO., INC.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226
Crane has been a global producer of currency products for more than 200 years and is entrusted by more than 50 central banks to play an...