Health care reform has created new and exciting opportunities in the managed care industry, affording us an opportunity to expand and invest in our technologies. As a Senior Manager, Avaya Telecommunications, you will play a critical role in helping Coventry develop and execute the strategy to streamline our Avaya telecommunications systems. Your expertise and experience in planning and building efficient, large scale telecommunication solutions will be instrumental in ensuring a solid platform for future growth and success of our business. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design; development; and implementation of company-wide telecommunication networks and solutions.
- Key player in telecommunications planning, providing input on the selection of hardware; systems; networks and utilities.
- Ability to understand new technology concepts, proof of concepts, designing and implementing pilot programs.
- Oversees advanced projects related to the design and development of voice and contact center solutions.
- Plans projects; establishes timelines and completes cost analysis; including vendor comparisons.
- Responsible for project planning; Service Level Agreements (SLAs); budget creation; forecasting and managing to departmental budget, providing input into the annual budget process.
- Remains current on technical changes and new voice technologies and identifies opportunities for improving the company’s telecommunications infrastructure.
- Work closely with the operations tower to properly transition newly designed architectures and projects into the operations supporting model for daily operational support.
- Recommends telecommunications policy changes consistent with corporate objectives.
- Responsible for developing work plans; establishing technical objectives; assigning tasks; and supervising telecommunications engineers.
- Recruits; develops; and motivates staff. Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions including; employment; termination; performance reviews; salary reviews; and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous (7-10 years) experience in all phases of telecommunications and voice solutions.
- Previous (3-5 years) management experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunications networks.
- Avaya experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and other technical staff.
- Experience managing managers.
- Ability to assume leadership role in project management.Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Job: First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Other Locations: ,
Organization: 10800 - Coventry Management Services
Job Posting: 2013-02-01 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310415
Coventry Health Care - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...