Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
In this role the incumbent will analyze, assess, and communicate key U.S. health care policies that may affect Forest in both the short and long-term. The position will focus on the impact of public and private sector trends on Forest with respect to patient access and reimbursement. This individual will play an integral role in helping internal and external customers understand the dynamic health care environment, while developing strategies to assess, impact, and shape policies affecting Forest and the patients we serve.
- Monitor and assess U.S. public policy and government reimbursement environment, including specific policies that impact coverage and reimbursement for Forest products within government payer environments (Medicare, Medicaid, Health Insurance Exchanges, and others).
- Effectively manage internal cross-functional teams to facilitate information flow throughout the organization on all U.S. public policy and government reimbursement issues.
- Closely collaborate with Forest Federal Government Relations, State Government Relations, Patient Advocacy, as well as Forest therapeutic area franchises, U.S. Medical Affairs and Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access and other internal customers.
- Coordinate development of policy positions, government reimbursement optimization strategies, and appropriate materials to ensure successful implementation of work plans on all priority U.S. policy and government reimbursement issues.
- Develop strategy and educational materials on key U.S. public policy and government reimbursement issues and communicate on public policy and government reimbursement positioning and priorities to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and articulate effective reimbursement policy and strategies that integrate and support business objectives that are impactful, executable, easily communicated, and clinically/financially supported.
- Develop and implement policies to drive optimal coverage and payment for products/indications in our portfolio and pipeline. Drive health policy initiatives which facilitate effective use of our products.
- Assist in the development and execution of comparative effectiveness research/outcome studies to reinforce product value for economic stakeholders.
- Develop written materials (e.g. Policy and Government Reimbursement Issue Briefs) and presentations on health policy and reimbursement issues.
- An undergraduate degree in health economics, health policy or related field is required; an Advanced degree is preferred with strong preference given to law, public policy, public health or other closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health policy, government affairs, reimbursement, or health economics/outcomes research in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Healthcare Industry.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and a high level of competence in reimbursement and health economics of pharmaceuticals is required.
- Experience developing corporate positions on policy issues and policy work plans and communicating these to senior management is required.
- Experience dealing with US federal and state government agencies, such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, including their regulatory processes and finance issues and processes is required.
- Experience with reimbursement and market access conditions and health policy trends in international markets is preferred.
- Experience representing a company to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) or other government health agencies is highly preferred.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 12 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...