Do you want to be a part of the agile transformation for one of the largest companies in the world? Walmart Global eCommerce (GeC) and associated groups (Walmart.com, @WalmartLabs) are undergoing an organizational Agile transformation and are looking for a Senior Manager to lead this effort.
The Agile Senior Manager will lead and shape Agile software development methodology across the software development teams at GeC. They will work closely with Project Management, Program Management, Product Management, Engineering, User Experience, and Business stakeholders to lead and drive Agile organizational transformation through coaching and proven software development practices across multiple project and product teams.
• Take ownership as the primary Agile expert resource and own overall Agile process adoption.
• Advocate adoption of Agile culture.
• Scale Agile methodologies across multiple cross-functional teams.
• Define and refine organizational Agile vision and SDLC.
• Establish metrics and report status of Agile transformation to senior leadership.
• Lead a team of agile coaches to advocate adoption of agile methodology.
• Coach teams on effective execution of agile methodology.
• Establish training, processes and tools.
• Define and refine metrics to gauge team, release and portfolio health.
• Define and refine Agile methodology for successful adoption among distributed teams.
• Define and maintain a knowledge base of software processes, training documents and best practices.
• Attend Agile seminars, seek external consultation, and remain in touch with industry trends.
• Lead and support constant process improvement.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Business or related field and 6 years experience in project or program management, software development, management consulting, or related field OR 10 years experience in project or program management, software development, management consulting, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years experience in Agile project management.
• 3+ years experience in Agile coaching/leadership.
• 2+ years experience in leadership or management role.
• Certified Scrum Master required.
• Certified Scrum Professional or Certified Scrum Coach preferred.
• Solid understanding of the Scrum framework and the underlying principles and values.
• Experience implementing and/or coaching Scrum inside organizations.
• Experience in Agile transitions and organizational change.
• Experience scaling scrum to a large cross-functional organization.
• Experience with waterfall software methodology.
• Experience presenting to senior management.
• You believe in Agile and want to spread the word.
• High energy, positive attitude, resilient.
Senior Manager - Agile
Walmart Stores - 23 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...