Senior Manager Embedded Memory
- This position is a Senior Manager or Director for memory technology group located in the Globalfoundries R&D center in NY.
· Reporting to the head of Research organization as a key member of GLOBALFOUNDRIES’s leadership team, the Leader of the Memory Research Organization will have overall responsibility to define, drive and evangelize the technology vision and memory technology roadmap for GLOBALFOUNDRIES, including all forms of embedded memories (e.g., STT-MRAM).
· This role will establish, together with marketing, product planning, design, and product and test engineering, the memory technology roadmap and the performance and reliability specifications for each new technology generation.
· He or she will be responsible for meeting the schedules for new technology development, yield, cost and production ramp up.
· In addition to managing and providing technical supervision to GLOBALFOUNDRIES’s world class engineering teams, this person will also have the primary responsibility of strengthening the company’s technology partner relationships with external suppliers as necessary.
· Driving technology roadmap.
· The successful candidate will drive the technology vision of GLOBALFOUNDRIES in the area of embedded memory solutions and lead multiple generations of technology research related to the evolutionary and revolutionary adoption and deployment of an ideal mix of device and process technology.
· As such, he/she will define and shape business requirements into core technology and programs for development and deployment for maximizing yield, productivity, and profitability.
· Managing relationships with key stakeholders.
· The successful candidate will establish and maintain influencing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and will also represent GLOBALFOUNDRIES as a leading expert and spokesperson in the market with regards to any memory related matters to ensure industry acceptance and customer support/alignment.
· The position requires a unique blend of technology depth and global leadership experience, demonstrated by an ability to be both hands-on in driving critical technology decisions, as well as, strategic in setting the industry technology roadmap and the investments the company makes as a result.
· The ideal candidate will be a credible technology R&D leader with progressive global leadership experience in the area of semiconductor process technology development and manufacturing including device physics knowledge, process integration, wafer fabrication and device characterization.
· He/she may have risen through the technology development or engineering ranks and will have created synergy with a global R&D team responsible for a range of embedded memory products at various process technology nodes.
· Candidates who have had a deep technology and R&D background in the semiconductor industry, ideally with direct or closely related embedded memory experience, are highly desirable.
· Technical Competency in the Industry. The ideal candidate will have a clear track record of strong technical performance in the semiconductor industry, preferably in the embedded memory space, with a strong understanding of the semiconductor market with respect to technology, process, market, customer, and operations trends.
· He/she will also possess superb market knowledge as shown by his/her past track record in identifying and capitalizing on opportunities with respect to technology development.
· He/she should have a strong results-orientation based on his/her track record of delivering on breakthrough technology programs but also setting up a technology vision and implementing a roadmap.
· The candidate should also have the ability to create a technology culture focused on accountability and supported by proven skill in prioritizing and managing projects.
· The candidate must have demonstrated outstanding performance in a dynamic growth oriented organization that is well regarded for innovation and high quality of its technology as well as products.
· The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to inspire, empower, and integrate a world-class technical team in multiple locations, driving for results through other people, actively shaping a team on the basis of their ability, track their record and potential, evaluating, as well as, coaching and mentoring to develop higher levels of responsibility, and dealing in a timely manner with performance issues.
· The candidate must also have the ability to change the culture of an entire organization towards a customer-facing, execution -oriented group with a responsive and open management style.
· The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between superiors, peers and subordinates within the organization, as well as, the ability to build valuable relationships outside the organization with external partners.
· He/she will be accessible and approachable respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
· Advanced degree in EE + 10 years of research experience in memory devices
· Fundamental understanding of memory device operation and physics and knowledgeable of embedded memory circuit design
· Familiarity with STT RAM is a plus
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 20 months ago