The Senior Manager Estimating, working under the
direction of Global Director Project Controls provides
support to project operations personnel by providing
functional and administrative management of all
Lead the estimating in providing services and systems
that will ensure our project teams have well developed
and well documented estimates and support project
execution through performance measurement. Principal
duties of this position include the following:
- Assuring a capable, well-trained estimating staff
working with a consistent, standardized set of
tools, systems and practices.
- Leading the improvement and implementation of
systems, procedures and practices for estimating.
- Interacting with business unit or functional
managers to resolve any significant issues or
concerns impacting estimating in both the bid and
- Reviewing initial set-up of budgets for all major
and/or high risk projects.
- Conducting periodic reviews of the forecast of major
- The position is working in a matrixed organization
with limited support staff. The position is Houston
based with up to 25% travel.
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction or
related field, or equivalent combinations of
technical training or experience.
- 15-25 years experience conceptual and lump-sum
- Supervisory experience in a contractor environment.
- Solid background in the oil and gas industry a plus.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
McDermott - 12 months ago