To support and challenge the Team by providing reliable financial information and analysis as well as a financial perspective on all functional areas of the team. Oversee the integrations of regular business unit level financial analysis which lead to actionable improvement activities. Coordinate the interfaces between finance and other departments on areas of commercial impact to the business.
- Oversee and execute financial forecasting. Track and report forecasting related process KPI’s. Keep business partners and finance leadership informed on shortfalls in process design and execution. Provide actionable recommendations for improvement of the forecast.
- Oversee integration of management reporting into one coherent BU management report. Analyze BU and BG financials to ensure reliability, identify trends and explain deviations. Interpret key management report data for financial and business leadership.
- Prepare, analyze, and discuss monthly and quarterly analysis (scorecards, quarterly review documents, etc.)
- Assist in the development of key performance indicators, dashboards and metrics for upper management.
- Pro-actively support and challenge the team in fixed cost control, performance measurement, quantifying improvement opportunities, process optimisation, inventory control, and capital investment.
- Preparation and analysis of the annual direct expense budget for the team.
- Maintain Cost of Goods Sold analysis in order to accurately report on gross margin variances by item to plan including the calculation of and detailed reporting on variances such as sales mix, purchase price, volume, efficiency etc.
- Support Business Strategic Dialogs and support analysis and interpretation of management accounting reports to assess operating results in terms of profitability, asset utilization, return on investment, performance to budget and forecast, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Initiate actions to improve business supporting and business management tools (systems, procedures, instructions, formats, performance indicators, etc.)
- Drive the compilations and analytical summary of monthly financial statements, annual budgets and re-forecasts and other departmental ad hoc requests as needed.
- Write, create and test reports, research and clarify variances to develop automated financial reporting system as it relates to consolidating financial statements and brand P & L’s with comparisons to Plan and prior year.
- Additional support for Stanley site by serving on the SMT. Contribute by challenging the team, bringing ideas and suggestions for improvement, involvement in site plans and issue discussions, and especially bringing a financial and internal control perspective to discussion.
BA in Finance/Accounting
Minimum 5-7 years of related experience in a multi-plant manufacturing environment; Must have financial analyst experience. Previous experience as a Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis preferred. International Experience a must. Must have SAP or Oracle experience as well as report writing experience such as Crystal Reporting. Must also have previous experience in budgeting, forecasting and capital investments. Business Information Warehouse experiences a plus.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...