This position is responsible for establishing and directing project controls, project management and monitoring of all work activities for CSL Plasma’s new center development.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinate with site selection, leasing, legal, design teams, engineering and new center opening teams, to ensure project milestones and business objectives are met.
- Responsible for end-to-end project planning, scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring
- Perform day-to-day activities such as documentation, cost controls and resource coordination
- Establish operating policies to mitigate risk and provide guidance and consultation for functional project managers
- Support VP US Plasma Operations in directing and monitoring of new center development to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives and business priorities
- Track and assist in managing and communicating project scope, schedules, budgets, risks, resources, and status
- Ensure on-time delivery of new center openings
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Direct the analysis, selection, negotiation, administration and coordination of CSL Plasma’s new center development selection, and/or the relocation, expansion, lease negotiations, construction andcenter opening operational activities.
- Lead the periodic review of new center development. Document and communicate results and provide any necessary follow-up.
- Review initial project scope with work teams to develop a preliminary cost estimates and timelines. Attend design meetings as needed to ensure projects stay within scope and facilitate timelines. Create project schedules to ensure each phase of individual center development processes are effectively tracked.
- Bring attention to questions, concerns, issues through the appropriate lines of communication to determine a timely resolution.
- Update the overall project schedule and distribute to all members of the project team.
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with all functional teams. Identify and assist with resolving problems that may affect overall project delivery (budget, safety, quality, schedule, etc). Manage and resolve conflicts.
- Establish and maintain project cost control, to report monthly. Identify opportunities for performance & schedule improvement.
- Gather and analyze information to prepare reports on the progress of projects. Evaluate current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- Oversee all aspects of new center development including progress, timing, costs and contracts.
Work with senior management and project managers to embed project management discipline and expertise into the company’s culture by formalizing, standardizing, and communicating best practices for project management processes and tools.
CSL Plasma is an EEO/AA Employer
- Bachelor’s degree, in engineering required
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with general business management and/or project management required
- Minimum 5 years managing projects/people preferred
- Management consulting, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry or other regulated environment experience preferred
- Strong planning, analytical, negotiation, decision-making and process improvement skills
- Successful experience working within defined Quality Systems and ability to manage high levels of inter-related details
- Strong team building and leadership skills, including ability to motivate, coach, and develop project leadership skills
- Establish effective processes and policies to maintain an effective program management function
- Work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and shows excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization, adaptability and time management skills to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Very effective working and communicating with all levels of staff and management, both within and outside organization
- Travel approximately 20% required