Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for a
Senior Operations Manager – Operations Planning
to join our team in
. This position reports through headquarters logistics and planning organization. Directs and oversees planning function to balance supply, demand, materials, and replenishment optimizing overall supply chain service, cost, and inventory.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create the Future:
• Planning, developing and implementing strategy for food and beverage asset utilization, production requirements, materials, and stock transfers to meet organizational objectives.
• Plan and implement inventory strategy.
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in co-optation with the Operations Leadership Team.
• Drive the Sales and Operations Planning process within the organization to bring greater clarity to future needs and our ability to cost effectively deliver products to our customers.
2. Deliver Results
• Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to planning activities.
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring critical aspects of planning performance.
• Establish and achieve supply chain service, cost, and inventory objectives. Ensure knowledge of work processes that deliver those results. Establishes process measures that reliably predict performance.
3. Build through Teamwork
• Liaise with functional partners; Demand Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement, Transportation, Warehousing, Customer Service, Alliance Partners, Finance, and IT to establish and maintain effective and relevant planning activities in support of organizational objectives. Ensure they are fully informed of operational planning objectives, purposes and achievements.
• Lead the Supply Alignment process with functional partners.
4. Lead with Character
• Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles facing operations.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organization.
• Leads individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, encouraging cross functional communication.
• Establish purpose, objectives, and operating principles for the planning group.
5. Inspire Commitment
• Engages in the responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, delegating, monitoring, staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
• Assess relevant training needs for staff individuals and planning function including assessment methods and measurement systems.
• Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all time
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or an Engineering discipline and at least 10 years’ experience in the field is required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience directly managing multiple supply chain functions will be essential.
• Extensive experience in one or more of the following; Supply Planning, Inventory Control, Replenishment, Customer service, Demand Planning, Procurement, Materials Planning.
• APICS certification is a strong plus.
• Experience with ERP systems and system implementations highly desired.
• Demonstrated results performance.
• Leadership and team development skills.
• Experience with Process Improvement Methodologies, analysis, risk management, and contingency planning.
• Ability to align and influence management and functional partners
What we’re offering:
Besides a great total rewards package - our employees enjoy working for a small company with a big brand! Our employees will tell you that they enjoy making a difference from their first day with the cooperative. You will have direct access to senior leaders and you will own your own projects. Working for an agricultural cooperative will provide you with a level of personal satisfaction that you may not get from working for a publically traded company.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 10 months ago
Ocean Spray Cranberries has transformed that ubiquitous Thanksgiving side dish into a big business with beverages, cereals, and snacks....