Imagine... working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
General Summary: This newly created position is part of a newly created Revenue Management Center of Excellence, focused on improving current pricing architecture to drive price appreciation, net sales and EBIT. The position reports into the Director, Revenue Management. This position will be influential for supporting Campbell's US Retail business units in building a more robust pricing capability within US Retail. More specifically, this role will work with cross-functional teams to develop pricing strategies that are tied to brand strategy, maintain competitiveness within and across channels, strengthen relationships with customers and consumers, and drive long-term growth and profitability. This new position will play a vital role in providing pricing thought leadership and a standard pricing approach across brands and channels by leveraging market research, consumer insights, and competitive intelligence to develop best-in-class pricing strategies that drive sales and EBIT growth for Campbell's US Retail. The Revenue Management Manager will evaluate effectiveness of current pricing structures and develop attractive offerings on existing products and identify new opportunities (based on product, pack, channel, occasion), with the goal of enhancing margins and maximizing long-term profitability.
Support long-term, strategic pricing recommendations (base, EDLP, promotional and Channel) and ensure alignment with trade funding strategies and brand / PPG roles
Develop recommendations for tactical, short-term pricing moves in a category and set goals and measurements
Ability to use modeling tools and understand their inputs, outputs and limitations to optimize price
Evaluate current pricing structure, propose necessary changes to enhance margins and maximize profitability while balancing customer requirements
Influence and inspire thoughtful analysis of pricing strategy that drives the generation of leading-edge ideas
Collaborate with a broad cross-section of the organization to influence outcomes and achieve buy-in
Set brand price positioning and target price gaps, define pack size ratios and set parameters for price exceptions
Create pricing strategies rooted in research and consumer insights, with a focus on strengthening brand loyalty and enhancing consumers' experience with the brand(s)
Provide thought leadership and leverage best practices, technology, and market trends
Partner with research resources, both internal and external, providing direction for all (price related) qualitative and quantitative research as they pertain to pricing
Provide analytical support and business recommendations
Track pricing performance in the field (absolute price and critical gaps). Recommend actions where necessary.
Provide pricing initiative sell-in support to field sales when needed (providing sales with the story and supporting sell-in needs where necessary) in partnership with category management and sales teams.
- Ability to network throughout the organization and build relationships with those functions that touch pricing (e.g., Marketing, Sales, CCID, Finance, etc.,)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity as you build a best-in-class revenue management capability
- Provide thought leadership around base and promotion, EDLP and channel pricing strategies
- Well-developed business acumen including the ability to accurately evaluate optimization and effectiveness of pricing strategies
- Proven ability to formulate pricing strategies that enhance brand value for customers and consumers and connect with the overall strategy of the business
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with individuals at all levels
- Ability to establish new pricing processes, gain buy-in and manage them.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities required:
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
- Education desired: Masters Degree
- Years of relevant experience: 8+ Years Experience with Experience engaging with Sales and/Or Operating Business Units
Working Conditions : 25% travel, 75% office environment
- Well-developed business acumen - i.e., well-developed understanding of the business from manufacturing to delivery - Proven ability to formulate pricing strategies that enhance brand value for customers and consumers and connect with the overall strategy of the business
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills including the ability to effectively utilize data from multiple sources to drive decisions
- Ability to understand and address complex business issues and multi-functional operating strategies efficiently
- Experience leveraging insights to better understand consumer behavior and decision making, including the related growth opportunities and potential risks for a business
- Track record of success in driving growth and profitability of a business based on insights from consumer research and competitive/industry intelligence
- Strong financial acumen, including the ability to optimize business results and achieving top and bottom-line growth targets
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional teams and managing various enterprise priorities
- Ability to champion innovative ideas, engage others, and lead effective execution in an expedited timeframe
- Self-direction and a strong results-orientation, including a natural passion for creating winning strategies in a highly competitive industry
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities and opportunities change quickly; strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to delegate, as appropriate
- Self-motivation, energy, inspirational leadership and a "can-do" orientation, coupled with high ethics and integrity - Highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills; strong communication capabilities, both verbal and written - Ability to lead by example, with a "roll-up the sleeves", hands-on style that supports a culture of accountability
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) - ability to articulate pricing complexity and trade offs to sr. leadership
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 19 months ago
In 1937, Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker, began baking fresh bread for her allergy-afflicted son. She soon started a small...