To lead and develop a high-performance safety program in coordination with Operations, and Plant management.
To ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety rules and regulations.
To assist with interpretations of environmental protection regulations.
To oversee training for accident prevention in the site.
To interface with various agencies with oversight of workplace safety.
To establish and continuously improve a corporate culture of safety through leadership, training, and example.
To oversee security compliance and the implementation of Site Security Plans in our Arcadia facility.
To lead the local health and safety committee.
Monitor receipt and safe disposal of all hazardous materials used at the site.
To oversee the maintenance of the equipment and hazardous materials treatment equipment in the building
Experience and Duties:
- Work closely with Senior Management, Operations Leaders, Safety Group Leaders, and others to identify potential and existing hazards, design, propose and implement resolutions to same.
- Routinely conduct, record and report on safety inspections and survey occupational conditions of all equipment and mechanical operations.
- Ensure location meets AQMD, CARB, OSHA in California and related federal, state and local regulations including, but not limited to SPCC, Hazardous Waste Management Permits and commodity dust control requirements at this sites.
- Track and obtain all permits required for operation and related inspections.
- Conduct location safety meetings and training.
- Ensure the site IIPP and ERP plans are current.
- Conduct and/or oversee accident investigations.
- Develop and maintain short and long term safety plans.
- Coordinate with other company manufacturing locations to synchronize waste management programs.
- Manage routine maintenance of equipment to comply with required operational specs
- 4-year college degree in applicable field of study/ Master’s Degree desirable. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a safety managerial capacity/ 10 years desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal OSHA, LA County, and other safety regulatory requirements for the wafer fabrication industry.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license, with an appropriate driving record.
- Work occasional weekends and holidays as needed. Carry Company cell-phone for 24-hour “on-call” duties.
- Experience in equipment operation and maintenance
Tessera - 12 months ago
Tessera Technologies, Inc. (Tessera) develops and delivers miniaturization solutions that transform wireless, computing and consumer electro...