The primary responsibility of the Manager Engineering
Sales & Marketing is to identify and lead the sales
efforts towards securing prospective projects for the
Engineering Divisions of the Atlantic Business Unit.
This individual will assist in leveraging the
engineering work into obtaining the fabrication and/or
offshore installation of the projects. The primary
objectives are to enhance existing client relationships
and develop new client relationships in an effort to
negotiate engineering contracts but at least be in a
position to propose on these contracts. The intent is to
develop a steady, profitable business line ensuring
McDermott is awarded targeted projects.
Director of Engineering, Estimators, Proposals and
- Develop new and foster existing relationships with
client base in the Atlantic region for McDermott,
working to secure profitable targeted project
- Develop client base for Greenfield and brownfield
- Obtain knowledge of potential projects where the
client team responsible for the project is located
in the Atlantic region, regardless of the final
destination of the project.
- Coordinate proposal activities in response to
Customer’s requirements for engineering services,
providing input on bids as required, assisting
Estimators. Proposal activities will include
- Participate in Bid/No-Bid discussions based on in
depth knowledge of the potential project.
- Maintain current status of prospective work in the
market place in regards to engineering services
- Providing competitive analysis of Engineering
- Present Atlantic Business Unit marketing material on
a regular basis for client base.
- Become familiar with and abide by the rules of
engagement regarding the McDermott Code of Business
- Develop and cultivate other project opportunities
which support the Atlantic Business Unit.
- Maintain accurate monthly expense records and submit
for approval on a timely basis.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher strongly preferred;
relevant work experience will be taken into
consideration in lieu of degree.
- 12 to 20 years overall experience in offshore oil
and gas Engineering with a minimum of 5 years
experience in engineering business development.
- Knowledgeable in offshore engineering project
development and execution.
- Knowledgeable in all phases of engineering including
Concept Selection, FEED and detail design.
- Expertise in client relationship management with
significant client and network contacts in the
- Knowledgeable in fabrication, transportation and
offshore installation of a project.