Sr. Manager UI – User Interface/User Experience
Zynga is a pioneering game company whose mission is to bring cutting edge, innovative gaming to the social network party.
To help us stay there we need you! We are currently looking for a Sr. Manager User Interface/User Experience designer with a passion for UI/UX, a strong vision, and the leadership skills to deliver that vision.
Join the Z-revolution, apply now!
Here are the requirements:
The Skills you need:
- Work closely with the Creative Director or Executive Producer to lead the strategic vision the game
- Establish benchmarks for our user experience, evangelize them to the team and enforce them in practice
- Challenge and motivate the UI team to lead the studio in innovation and evolution of our UI/UX
- Leading and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary design team for user experience planning and development
- Generate crisp, innovative, and elegant design solutions for complex online social products
- Responsible for execution of strong interaction design and visual design principles
- Lead rapid iterations and testing on a variety of ideas using wireframes and sketches to fully designed comps
- Enthusiastically partner with user research specialists to understand the goals of multiple user types and create designs that uphold their needs
- Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design-build cycles
- Facilitate dialog around end-user requirements and business requirements
- Help build a dynamic, creative environment in which you can design while also motivating and mentoring other team members
- Work with a program manager to coordinate project scheduling and resource allocation and ensure solutions are delivered on time and exceed expectations
- Researching interaction design trends
- Make a point to understand how Zynga’s audience interacts with its games/services, and make use of this knowledge in the development of the best possible user experiences
- Play our game daily and ensure the UI team does the same. Be an expert user of our game.
- 5 + years of professional design/user experience for software, web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- 3+ years managing staff
- Degree in Interaction Design, New Media Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Human Factors/Ergonomics or related field
- Technical competency. The ability to understand and articulate file architecture for swfs using Flash 5 and AS3
- Thorough understanding, and passion for user experience design for social applications or rich Internet experiences
- Excellent leadership skills. The ability to communicate effectively, while motivating and inspiring a team.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new products
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and associated design tools
- Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of, but not a deal breaker- Flashscripting and animation