Org Marketing Statement
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (PCH) is among the largest over-the-counter (OTC) health care products companies in the world, with a global footprint of operations in more than 90 countries. We maintain leadership positions in many markets and sell two of the top 10 global brands (Advil and Centrum). PCH develops, manufactures and markets leading non-prescription medicines, vitamins and nutritional products. We strive to bring new and better solutions to market that help consumers around the world support their health and enhance personal wellbeing.
PCH drives growth through major global brands including Centrum (the world's #1 multivitamin), Caltrate (the world's #1 calcium supplement) and Advil (the world's #1 ibuprofen analgesic brand). The division's major categories consist of Pain Management, Dietary Supplements, Respiratory and Personal Care.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare is looking for a Senior Manager, Opinion Leader Relations & Advocacy to join our Medcial Affairs team in Madison, NJ.
Responsible for the coordination of Opinion Leader and Advocacy activities in partnership with Global Franchise Teams, regions and Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (PCH) affiliates worldwide, as well as R&D, Regulatory and Public Affairs. It supports the development and enhancement of key opinion leaders, advocacy organizations and other influences for PCH. Target audiences include expert physicians and healthcare professionals, clinical investigators, government authorities, advocacy organizations and PCH colleagues.
This position will also manage delivery and implementation of the Pfizer stand alone meeting activities logistics for speaking engagements, compliance with internal and external policies, and financial administration.
- Coordinate and support the execution of a global opinion leader strategy for PCH. Initial focus is Pain Management.
- In collaboration with clinical, medical and regulatory affairs, coordinate opinion leader activities such as advisory boards, education activities at scientific meetings.
- Coordinate production of all project elements. Manage faculty recruitment process and coordinate communication with stakeholders and vendors.
- Attend weekly status meetings with internal and external teams; prepare weekly status report on projects
- Interface, on a project-by-project basis with internal staff and shared-services personnel, including meeting planners, and all other staff necessary to meet project objectives; primary contact for vendors.
- Support PCH affiliates on communication and logistics with OLs
- Coordinate and ensure PCH interface with Opinion Leaders and advocacy organizations to supporting long term relationships
- Ensure that Opinion Leaders are integrated and research scope of activities using business processes that are within company compliance guidelines. Oversee the compliance issues for Pfizer
- Coordinate activities with Opinion Leaders such as: consultant boards, investigators for research, public relations, publications, activities at medical congresses, life cycle planning and health care systems for Opinion Leaders globally.
- Support matrix team communications with Opinion Leaders, advocacy organizations and PCH stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date opinion leader database of use by PCH and affiliates.
- Manage delivery and implementation of the Pfizer stand alone meeting activities logistics for speaking engagements, compliance with internal and external policies.
- Supervise vendors and keep projects on time and budget .Manage multiple projects effectively
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA degree required (advanced science degree and/or master’s preferred)
- If advanced degree, 5-7 years relevant experience; if BS/BA degree, 8-10 years relevant experience
- Expert knowledge in Key Opinion Leader or Stakeholder Relations is preferred
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build, maintain and influence effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including marketing, medical affairs, R&D, public relations, global colleagues from medical and marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven project coordination and management skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with external guidelines / regulations relevant to Opinion Leader and advocacy relations
- Previous experience on advocacy relations or public affairs / public relations experience is a plus
- MSc, Registered Pharmacist, PharmD preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
Pfizer Inc - 18 months ago
Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals...