Senior Manager, URC
URC is currently seeking candidates for a Senior Manager to provide managerial and financial oversight of a fraud related project funded by the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS)
The Senior Manager’s Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Work with the project director to provide technical and managerial oversight;
- Provide direction to the staff on key health insurance, fraud and regulatory issues;
- Ensure internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with company standards and government regulations;
- Oversee project staff;
- Assist with review and verification of financial reports, including verification of financial certifications and ensuring that supporting documentation is received for all transactions;
- Review monthly financial reports for compliance with company and government regulations;
- Prepare financial status reports and/or analyses as requested;
- Assist in the design and implementation of finance and management policies and best practices, to ensure compliance with the company’s established policies and procedures.
- College Degree in Finance, Business or Economics required; Master’s desirable, Doctorate preferable;
- Past experience in working with CMMS preferable;
- Strong quantitative background, proven experience with advanced Probability/Statistics/Experimental Design, and at least intermediate working knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, etc);
- Budgeting management experience, intermediate proven knowledge of MS Excel and Quick Books;
- Academic-level writing and reporting skills (A solely-authored writing sample must be provided);
- Al least three-years’ experience in health care, law enforcement (police, prosecutor, health agency investigator, etc) highly desirable;
- Strong interest in health care reform;
- Experience managing federal, state or local government contracts;
- At least three years of experience as a supervisor/manager of professional teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines;
- Comfortable working with public-private partnerships;
- Must be a leader, self-actualizing, self-starter and independent thinker
- Should be innovative and creative but respectful of institutional rules and protocols.
- Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, a solely-authored writing sample, personal contact information, and three work references with contact information
University Research Co., LLC (URC) University Research Co., LLC where dedicated professionals provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. URC’s expertise centers on maternal, newborn, and child health; HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and infant feeding; and vulnerable children and families. It approaches the challenges rising from these health areas through quality improvement, health system strengthening, behavior change and communication, and research and evaluation. This position is contingent upon award of the contract.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.