The Senior Manager of Youth Development Evaluation Strategies will research, develop, implement, and codify organizational practices related to evaluation of youth development programs, services, and activities. This position will serve as the lead team member dedicated to evaluating program quality, fidelity, and outcomes for a suite of YMCA programs designed to address the achievement gap.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required. Master's degree in evaluation, education, social sciences, statistics, or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in early childhood and/or youth development evaluation is required.
- Requires demonstrated experience with youth program quality, program fidelity, and outcome (cognitive and noncognitive) measurement using both validated and program-specific approaches
- Requires experience establishing evaluation project protocols
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year of experience managing other staff to complete projects on time and of high quality
- Knowledge of data management systems, school data sharing arrangements, and FERPA a plus
- Advanced knowledge of survey software statistical software and analysis, relational databases, and Microsoft Office is required
- Experience in nonprofit, federated association, or consulting environment desirable
- Familiarity with YMCA movement is preferred, but not required
- Must possess exceptional collaboration, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a frequently changing environment
- Self-starter capable of working on teams and individually
- Requires a commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Enhance and design data collection and evaluation strategies for each program, including creating surveys, selecting assessments, and developing agreements with partners and vendors, and training program staff in selected strategies.
- Enhance and document standard operating procedures for Youth Development program evaluation
- Create and maintain timelines, workplans, and other project management documentation in partnership with department staff and other departments
- Manage site visits, program data management system, and interim reports during active program phases
- Design and provide final reports for internal and external audiences.
- Design, contribute to, and as needed conduct in-person and virtual sessions to share and gather information with participating YMCAs
- Partner with department staff to establish, institutionalize, and maintain organization-wide strategies and practices related to youth program evaluation (other than achievement gap programs), including logic models, standard operating procedures, documentation, and communications
- Manage team of four or more grant-funded staff responsible for measurement and evaluation strategies for cohorts within each program area.
- Support Research and Evaluation Department in other projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by theDirector, Research and Evaluation
EFFECT ON END RESULTS/STRATEGIC IMPACT
This position is a key driver of success in the organization's Achievement Gap initiative and is responsible for designing measurement strategies and delivering results which demonstrate the effectiveness of the initiative.
Salary: $ - $
Additional Compensation Details:
Based upon experience level
YMCA - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...