This person will work with Engineering, Manufacturing, and the Technology Group to make our market leading analyzer more capable and more manufacturable. This engineer will strive to continuously increase process performance in order to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery, and Growth objectives for a rapidly growing scientific measurement company. Experience in failure analysis, root cause identification and corrective action implementation are critical. This person will work with the 35 PhD’s at Picarro to understand a complex technology and help us scale up the company for rapid growth.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Resolve systemic production and design issues that may impede ability to ship quality products on time. Must be an experienced problem solver able to determine root cause of difficult technical issues.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement efforts relative to manufacturing operations efficiency and product quality.
- Optimize product design for lowest cost and highest quality in collaboration with Engineering.
- Support the introduction of new products into manufacturing by working closely with engineering team.
- Establish processes and procedures and create assembly documentation of all project and test data within proper corporate databases.
- Prepares all required reports and paperwork.
- Masters or B.S. in Optical Engineering, EE, ME, Physics or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience in a role combining new product introductions with optimizing current designs
- Hands-on experience with various types of optical test equipment, including power meters, optical imaging equipment, beam quality test equipment and oscilloscopes
- Understanding and hands-on experience with basic optical elements including lenses, mirrors, polarizer’s, apertures, and optical filters, as well as basic optical design and system alignment techniques
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on: MS Office, MS Project, Visio and Windows OS
- Must be able to understand engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, and operational procedures and have experience writing and reviewing Engineering Change Orders
- Experience developing manufacturing processes, writing procedures, and training assembly personnel
- Understanding of statistical measurements and data analysis
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Experience implementing LEAN and/or Six Sigma manufacturing processes a plus
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Picarro - 18 months ago