Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Verathon ®
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our Manufacturing Engineering group for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting hardware & system issues in support of our sustaining medical devices and products as well as supporting new product introduction. This experienced engineer is expected to work cross functionally to reduce defects, scrap, cycle time, and increase yields.
Our Manufacturing Engineering group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Test and identify root cause and implement corrective actions for high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices
- Develop and implement standard work through lean methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to reduce defects and implement new products
- Propose and enter Engineering Change Requests and work with Design Engineering to implement and validate changes
- Assist with new product development validation and verification through in house and third party testing
- Assist with new product development transfer to production
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Lead projects to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout by employing lean methodologies.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Electrical Engineering Degree preferred
- 7+ Years related experience
- Cross functional Project leadership experience
- IQ/OQ/PQ (Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Performance Qualification)
- Knowledge and experience trouble shooting electro mechanical devices and/or PCB's
- Knowledge of FDA, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines preferred
- Experience designing and implementing automated test equipment for electromechanical devices
- Detail oriented, methodical and well organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- "Self-starter," highly motivated, strong commitment to meeting customer needs
- Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 16 months ago