SCOPE OF THE POSITION: Increase the level of manufacturing support to our customers internally & externally on new and existing projects to meet the goals of the organization. Establish and maintain a system for administering the organizations controlled documents in accordance with customer and organizational objectives. Lead, develop, and qualify new or improved manufacturing processes to support the customer and organizational goals.
- Define specifications, assembly instructions, and other related manufacturing information
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods to meet quality assurance standards
- Initiate manufacturing process changes as required (Change Notices)
- Review documents, 2D Engineering drawings, 3D CAD models, quotes, BOM’s, routings, operations, and change notices for clarity, completeness, and accuracy
- Consult with multiple departments or with the customer to resolve discrepancies and changes to new or existing products.
- Complete the proper documentation that conforms to CMC’s Quality and Manufacturing Processes and Procedures.
- Identifies project resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Serve as liaison for new and existing projects and lead discussions between the customer and CMC
- Manages the company document control standards and Product Lifecycle Management
- Communicates with supplier and vendors to achieve the needs of the customer
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Participate and coordinate PRP (Product Realization Plan) meetings to kick-off new projects
- Ensure that all customer requirements are being met and documented throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Oversee the movement of parts and/or assemblies as they relate to a specific project to eliminate any “bottlenecks” that would hinder the customers required delivery date
- Develop fixtures – drawings – 3D models to assist the CNC Programmers & Machinists on the production floor (fabrication & machining & production assembly)
- Lead, mentor, and support others on lean/cost savings manufacturing techniques
- Candidate must have a B.S. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering with at least 5 plus years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 6S, VSM, Kanban, Poke-Yoke, etc.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA QSR requirements is highly desirable
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized (project management)
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities
- Must be willing to travel (locally) to customers, vendors, or supplier facilities
- Possesses strong communication skills (verbal & written) and analytical problem solving
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills in a cooperative team environment
- Demonstrates an ability to work accurately, follow instructions, handle multiple projects/priorities, and within tight delivery schedules
- Present themselves in a professional manner and be a proud “representative” of CMC
- Able to work independently and/or in teams to achieve the customer and organizations objectives
- Knowledge of CNC programming and machining practices (highly desirable)
- Proficient with common computer applications, office equipment, including MS Office, Adobe, MS Project, M2M, FTP sites, Autodesk Inventor 2011 or higher, MasterCam X5 or higher (highly desirable), CorelDraw
- Have a positive attitude to get the job done and exceed the requirements of our new and existing customers
- Creative mind, Interact well with people , Team Player, Act proactively not reactively , Strong communication skills ,
- Technological mind set
- Problem solver
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation and personal time, paid holidays, and more
- Great, climate-controlled work environment
Cygnus Manufacturing Company (CMC) is a manufacturer of non-invasive medical device products, and components for scientific instrumentation,...