Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions, with North America locations in Houston, Mobile, Calgary and St. Johns, is looking for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the oil and gas market.
Responsibilities and tasks
As part of the Front End Engineering group for offshore field development your tasks and responsibilities will be to;
• Develop and fully analyze the local and global design of large fixed and floating structures under the direction of the Lead Structural Engineer through all phases of a project including concept development, pre-FEED, FEED and execution.
* Participate proactively in small studies, development of novel concepts, new technology, early phase evaluations, R&D work, and the production of technical papers for professional society conferences.
* Apply and be completely conversant with the most appropriate structural analysis tool available for the task at hand, whether from first principals, numerical method solutions, Finite Element Analysis or other accredited specialized commercial software available on the market.
* Write and/or contribute to the development of technical documents, including Basis of Design, Design Premises, technical notes, reports and presentations, Scope of Work, specifications, inquiries/requisitions for material or structural components and procedures.
* Assist with the preparation of proposals in response to inquiries, pre-qualifications and ITTs.
* Prepare engineering input to discipline drawings, coordinate with Design/Drafting Lead in generation of drawings and review and approve relevant content of issued drawings.
* Maintain current knowledge of technology developments in the areas of responsibility and Industry and Regulatory Standards.
Qualifications & personal attributes
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (Master’s degree or PhD in Structural Engineering preferred)
* Minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in offshore structural design and analysis with experience in floating structures (including hulls and decks) preferred
* Field Development project experience with pre-FEED, FEED and execution, (e.g. procurement, detailed engineering, construction, factory acceptance testing, pre-commissioning, offshore hook-up and commissioning) is highly desirable
* Proficiency with current structural analysis software including Finite Element programs (SESAM experience preferred)
* Innovative and creative mindset, with strong customer focus
* Strong familiarity with regulatory and industry standards including USCG, BOEMRE, API, ABS and DNV
* Self-motivated team player, with good organizational and communication skills, fluent in the English language, verbal and written.
•Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
•An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
•Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company with more than 150 years of industrial history and successful development. Today we have over 23,000 employees in over 30 countries. We are a growing company in developing markets and emerging regions. In North America, Aker Solutions operates eight business units creating many opportunities for our employees and customers.
By joining Aker Solutions, you will work as a valued member of the team tackling challenging work and looking for opportunities to innovate. Most positions enjoy a business casual environment and flexible work schedule with competitive benefits beginning your first day.
Aker Solutions - 14 months ago
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The...