The Senior Market Intelligence Analyst position is responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative market research projects in areas of member satisfaction, member needs, brand, product/concept testing, pricing research, and/or other market research projects. . This position also supports internal clients with the collection, analysis and presentation of business, operational, and transactional trends. The Senior Market Intelligence Analyst reports to the Director, MarketResearch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop market research briefs and questionnaires. Field, analyze, and synthesize research data, and produce/present PowerPoint reports to provide actionable recommendations for internal clients. Generate and validate predictive models that will influence marketing activities in the areas of conference marketing, and membership acquisition and retention. Conduct focus groups and in-depth interviews, for both in-person and online modes. Analyze and synthesize global market and competitive intelligence information and other secondary research for market opportunity sizing and analysis, and trending.
Work closely with the business intelligence team to provide business insights to the organization. Work may include producing descriptive statistics of data sets, correlations, regressions, and data visualization; work with large data sets, quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues, and interpreting data to provide business insights.
Compose and present findings of market research to Executive Team, Senior Management Team, Managers Forum, and SHRM staff.
Serve in cross functional SHRM strategic teams and work-groups , as needed.
Manage and work collaboratively with research vendors, as needed.
Support other projects, as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE :
- Client-focused attitude
- Ability to multi-task, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, expert skills in data analysis/manipulation
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Complete tasks within critical deadlines
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Expert knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word,)
- Expert skills with SPSS, SAS required
- Familiarity with Sawtooth desirable
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts
- Skilled at working with large data sets, quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues
- Basic programming skills, e.g. SQL
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets and data in order to streamline the underlying processes intothe client solution
- Basic understanding of database tables, data types. Some ability with SQL to filter, aggregate and extract data, load data into Excel/Access/other data analysis tools, create Excel pivot tables, and evaluate data quality
- Experience in working with business and IT teams and have the ability to seamlessly interact between the two
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Statistics, Math or related field with at least 5 to 8 years of experience conducting detailed customer or member research, including multivariate and univariate approaches to segmentation, key driver analysis, and marketbasket analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent research project management skills required.
- Must be able to distill large amounts of statistical and quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate same to executive and senior management.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required, including excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels of staff, especially senior management.
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
washingtonpost.com - 17 months ago