Assurant is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and build leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets. The Assurant business units provide debt protection administration; credit-related insurance; warranties and service contracts; pre-funded funeral insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; manufactured housing homeowners insurance; individual health and small employer group health insurance; group dental insurance; group disability insurance; and group life insurance.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .
Senior Market Research Analyst~ Enterprise Wide
The Senior Market Research Analyst develops and disseminates proprietary insights about customers, consumers, intermediaries and other key constituencies that can drive growth. Specifically, we will look to YOU to undertake primary and secondary research initiatives and projects designed to provide relevant market information about desires, opinions, motivations, values and behaviors of target audiences which help inform and guide direction contributing to the strategic growth of the company and reducing the risk of business decisions.
- Manage the market research process for enterprise-wide and Corporate Marketing strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Design, development, implementation, analysis, reporting and day-to-day project coordination on research programs and projects.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with external research vendors by participating in the process for review and selection of vendors; negotiating contracts; monitoring, managing and judging the effectiveness of operations; maintaining accuracy and quality controls; and identifying problems and implementing resolutions.
- Participate in the management of internal client relationships by providing advice about research use and application; translating business requirements into research designs; interpreting and communicating research results and providing recommendations.
- Participate in the sharing of best practices across Business Units, through a Community of Practice.
- Assist in maintaining, storage and retrieval of departmental archives of company research documents, reports and training materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Market Research, the social sciences or a relevant technical discipline.
- Substantial (4-6 years) market research experience in insurance, financial services, information-based marketing and/or consulting, with emphasis on customers and/or end consumers.
- Specific experience in quantitative and qualitative research, including design, execution, analysis and reporting.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate and control multiple and complex projects and processes.
- Ability to choose the appropriate (efficient and effective) research approach.
- Ability to build, maintain and effectively manage vendor relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple complex tasks in a timely fashion.
- Training and/or experience in consultative relationships.
- Well honed interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with numerous work teams.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate with senior managers.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MMR, MA) in Business, Market Research, the social sciences or a relevant technical discipline.
- Broad knowledge of financial services operations (preferably insurance; investment, banking or other relevant industries acceptable).
- A mix of both client and supplier side market research or consulting.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://jobs.assurant.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 29679
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...