Senior Marketing Manager, Brand is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies that grow Capella University through strong brand awareness, consideration, and perception. This role requires a strong external focus and the ability to translate insight into action plans across the organization.
- Create and execute marketing strategies that increase enrollments and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop and steward the Capella University brand strategy (value proposition & positioning),based on a deep expertise in Capella’s target audience definition (segmentation, demographics, psychographics, and behaviors), competitive landscape, industry trends and external forces.
- Lead and coordinate efforts to focus and operationalize brand positioning, key messages, target market insight, and broader marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement creative campaigns that establish brand position and differentiate Capella University from competitors.
- Ensure product positioning and messaging are consistent throughout all marketing communications touch points.
- Provide leadership and input in establishing the strategic initiatives to realize 5 year goals and objectives through the Annual Operating Plan and other strategic planning as required.
- Work with marketing research to develop leverage-able insights and inform strategies (segmentation, value proposition development, brand tracker, communication checks, media consumption, etc.)
- Work collaboratively and effectively with internal partners, including Brand Experience, Marketing Insights, Analytics, Enrollment Service, and a variety of external agency partners.
- Collaborate with leaders throughout the organization on transforming Capella University’s business and go-to-market models during a time of tremendous change in the industry.
- Function as a proactive change agent to continuously improve focus and delivery in a fast-changing environment.
- Manage Brand touch points across a $50+ million dollar marketing budget.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years product/brand /marketing management experience.
- A proven track record of building brands.
- A proven track record of developing and leading high performing teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of marketing competency, including consumer insights; concept development; communication and advertising development and production; market research.
- A team player with strong inter-personal skills.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...