WANTED: Direct Response Marketing Expert
My name is Jesse Cannone and I'm CEO of www.losethebackpain.com. We are a fast-growing, direct to consumer natural health products company and I'm looking for an experienced, results-driven direct marketing expert to take over the management and drive growth for our publishing division...
Think you’ve got what it takes? Then keep reading...
The Senior Marketing Manager will have full P&L responsibility for our publishing division which includes 2 monthly print subscription newsletters, several books as well as multiple information products.
This position is on our "Marketing Team" and reports directly to me, The CEO and Director of Marketing. While I’d prefer someone to work here in our Austin TX office, I will consider candidates for a possible virtual position.
To Be Considered You Must:
Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Proven track record of growing sales and profits
- Previous P+L responsibility for sales of $5 mill or higher
- At least 2 years experience in a Marketing Manager / Director position in a Publishing company or division (years of experience matter less, results are what we’re after)
- Direct marketing expert... Strong knowledge of and experience with direct marketing including multi-channel marketing / selling
- Online marketing expert - offline experience a plus
- Excellent analytical skills including financial analysis, competitive intelligence and market research as well as experience with analytic tools like Google Analytics
- Strong MS Excel skills (macros, v-lookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Experience with CRM systems like Infusionsoft, SalesForce, etc
- Proven project management skills - ability to manage multiple projects with different resources, third party vendors, priorities and timelines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Great communication skills… clear written and verbal communication
- Unstoppable and results focused... thrive, not just perform under pressure
- Passion or interest in natural health (if you take a ton of prescription meds you won’t be a fit here)
NOTE: Do NOT apply unless you meet all of the above criteria.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Database marketing knowledge and experience
- Off-line marketing experience (direct mail, catalog, radio, tv, etc)
- Knowledge of nutritional supplements and natural health
You will be responsible for the marketing, sales and profitability of our publishing division and will be on the hook for growing sales from $X million to $Y million. Now go make it happen... if you need me to tell you how to do it this isn’t the job for you.
- Increase sales, profits, market share, brand recognition of multi-product line
- Be part of our Product Development Team (identify emerging markets, selecting new products, launches, etc)
- Develop and execute marketing plans for all products in accordance with business priorities and within budget and calendar deadlines
- Utilize existing marketing team as well as execute on your own (you need to LOVE getting dirty in the data and marketing)
- Define business strategy using key learnings and trends uncovered
7 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us
We've been in business since 2003 and have gone through many of the "rough patches" already. We are now a very strong and healthy company and aren't going anywhere for a very long time. In 2011 we were awarded a spot in the Inc 500/5000 coming in at #595.
Unlike most companies that want to keep your pay as low as they can, we do the opposite! Our goal is to pay you as much as we possibly can because when we do, we know that means you are creating tremendous value for our customers and our business.
We only want A level superstars so we offer above average compensation as well as performance-based bonuses. Very few companies can come close to this compensation. The better you perform – the more you make!
Location doesn't matter to us. I don't care if you're working on the beach, your kitchen, or in your backyard. I don't care if you work from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. Or from noon – 8 p.m… As long as you stay productive and produce results – that's all that matters. Note that some positions do require working in our Austin, TX office.
We believe that all people deserve to be free... free to make their own choices... free to create their own success... and we strive to create a work environment that not only allows, but empowers you to be creative and take risks (well thought out of course).
No company politics or popularity contests. Instead you get to be YOU and you have the freedom to create your own success in your own unique way. We are a team of "producers"... people who are results oriented and believe that each person should be responsible for themselves.
#5. Great People
You'd be joining an existing team of superstars, many of which have been with the company for years. There is virtually no “drama” within the team that most companies have. Everybody is fun, passionate, great at what they do, and willing to help out. If you're that kind of person – you'll fit in perfect.
#6. Training and Education
We invest heavily in our knowledge and skills. As part of our team you'll have access to an enormous library of "how to" and "self improvement" books and courses and we also reimburse our team when they invest in continued education.
We are growing at warp speed and have continued to increase profits year after year. This growth also means growth for you... in knowledge, skills, relationships and income.
The Healthy Back Institute is a fast growing natural health publishing and consumer products company with the focus on helping people to live without pain. Founded in 2003, it has quickly become one of the web’s leading resources for people looking for pain relief.
Our company headquarters are located in Austin, Texas but we are primarily a “virtual” team. If working remotely, weekly and monthly meetings will be required (phone/online), as well as quarterly in person meetings.
NOTE: We respect your privacy. Your resume will *never* be shared without your permission.
*Please note that the Healthy Back Institute does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Healthy Back Institute will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Healthy Back Institute explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
The Healthy Back Institute is a fast growing natural health publishing and consumer products company with the focus on helping people to...