Placed is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to lead and execute our marketing communication strategy. This role will
be instrumental in shaping the public image of Placed as the leader in location insights and driving continued traction of
our products in the market. This is an opportunity to join a company recognized by VentureBeat as the most innovative
mobile services startup in 2012, and play an integral role in how our company is portrayed to the press, clients and prospects.
The Senior Marketing Manager should possess the ability to craft a detailed marketing strategy (traditional and digital) that will reach
the target audiences for multiple products, to both build awareness of the Placed brand and convert prospects into leads.
This role will oversee all external communications, including PR, product marketing, research reports, website content,
social media and events. The ideal candidate will have the skills to both plan strategically and execute upon that plan.
- 5-7 years in a PR or Marketing role at an agency or on client side.
- Proven ability to identify and craft pitches to various media outlets (traditional and digital), resulting in positive press coverage and lead generation. Strong tech and advertising trade relationships highly desirable.
- Experience in technology industry; ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- Comfortable analyzing data and building compelling stories based on results.
- Strong communication skills, especially written. Able to develop and execute communication plans across multiple audiences, including press, clients and prospects.
- Product marketing experience, preferably in the advertising and/or market research industries
- Experience working with external vendors for various marketing/PR needs.
- Self-motivated individual who will take the initiative to solve problems creatively and see projects through to completion.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, quickly-changing startup environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Collaborate with CEO on marketing plan. Develop strategic initiatives to achieve quarterly and annual marketing goals.
- Identify new tactics and outlets to drive awareness of Placed products and acquire leads.
- PR: Draft press releases. Strategically pitch national and trade media outlets (traditional and digital) to generate awareness and demand for Placed products.
- Product Marketing: Develop product marketing materials to support the sales organization including pitch decks, one pagers, FAQs, and other collateral as needed.
- Content: Own content development including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, blog posts, email newsletters, social media, etc. as outlined in overall marketing plan.
- Website: Write website copy and coordinate with internal and external parties to develop the layout, design and messaging on Placed.com.
- Events: Oversee the company’s presence at relevant industry events including speaking and exhibiting opportunities.
- Ensure that all external communications are consistent and in line with the Placed brand.
( http://www.placed.com )
is a fast-growing mobile startup focused on giving brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior. We’re located in downtown Seattle, funded by Madrona Venture Group, and have been featured on The New York Times, Forbes, CNN, CBS News and TechCrunch.
Please send resumes to
About Placed, Inc.
Placed is the leader in location-driven insights and mobile ad intelligence. Measuring billions of locations across the world’s largest opt-in mobile location panel, Placed provides
the most complete understanding of consumers’ offline behaviors.
Connecting the physical and digital worlds, Placed gives brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale,
measure the offline impact of mobile ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior. Founded in January 2011, Placed
is headquartered in Seattle and is backed by Madrona Venture Group. For more information about Placed and its location solutions, please visit:
- Case Studies
- Panel App
- Give 2 Charity
- Checkin King