Assist in multivariate and custom statistical analyses for multiple studies in order to deliver on our unique ability to use market research to have business impact. Works under general direction while exercising a fair degree of discretionary judgment and initiative. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
TECHNICAL RESEARCH SKILLS: Skills and competencies required to execute market research tasks and processes.
PROJECT AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: Efficiently and effectively managing resources and people to achieve results.
- Conceptual and executional knowledge of basic descriptive and inferential multivariate statistical analyses (e.g., correlation, linear/logistic/multiple regression, factor analysis, statistical significance/margin of error, ANOVA, etc.)
- Experience with market research-specific multivariate analyses (e.g. any combination of segmentation/cluster analysis, TURF analysis, CHAID/C&RT analysis, perception mapping, discriminant function analysis).
- Near expert level , or basic ability plus ability to quickly achieve near expert level, proficiency in SPSS (PASW/Base) and Microsoft Excel, including heavy emphasis on SPSS syntax writing, advanced Excel functions and presentation-ready formatting, as well as basic VBA code writing.
- Experience with other statistical analysis and database/programming a plus, including R, SAS, Sawtooth, and SPSS Dimensions.
- General technical problem solving skills with respect to data manipulation, debugging analysis routines and simulations, investigating data anomalies, etc.
LEADERSHIP: Envisioning desired outcomes and inspiring others to achieve them by acting in ways that enable high performance and foster relationships based on trust.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner. Follows through on commitments.
- Work effectively in a high-performing team environment and with internal (project) and external clients.
so what?? THINKING: Driving business impact by persuasively and clearly recommending actions supported by data driven conclusions.
- Practices good teamwork by sharing the workload and willingly providing assistance. Works well in group problem solving situations. Contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Consistently follows through on commitments and achieves excellent results.
- Uses sound judgment about when to take independent action and when to seek guidance or permission. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Discern patterns in data and identify anomalies and potential procedural or quality problems. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Assist project teams in identifying/drafting charts, graphs, and exhibits for reports that support an insightful story.
- Communicate complex analysis findings in an effective, easy to understand manner for analytics-lay project teams and clients, focusing on findings that relate to business outcomes, sometimes in the context of formal presentation or working sessions.
- Relate day-to-day tasks to bigger picture study objectives.
- Manage administrative aspects of analysis engagements including estimating analysis labor budget, tracking project task load, assisting with analysis-oriented proposal work for account managers.
- May be required to provide one-on-one training in an apprentice mentoring relationship.
Education and/or Experience:
B.A./B.S. in related field such as Business, Economics, or Social Sciences. M.A. preferred.
Mathematics/computer engineering degree acceptable if paired with research-oriented coursework.
At least 2 years of prior experience in market research, preferably with a supplier (market research experience may be substituted, in part, for appropriate level of advanced academic research experience).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to effectively contribute to multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient manner. Knowledge of group dynamics. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong leadership and management skills. Good business acumen. Strong communication skills. Strong quantitative analysis skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work Environment : Typical indoor office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Frequent prolonged and intense concentration required.
LRW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The functions, specifications, physical demands, and work environment listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed functions and responsibilities do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform .
Lieberman Research Worldwide (LRW) - 21 months ago