The primary purpose of this job is responsibility for the planning and execution of company forecast, production schedule, materials plan and materials control activities to support operations goal of on-time shipment. Manages demand forecasting, capacity planning, and the maintenance of the Build Kanban system. Analyzes, identifies and corrects finished inventory to ensure date is accurate and delivery schedule is met. May also supervise an operations department.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs preparation of mater schedule of Kanbans to conform to delivery dates, manufacturing capacities, available manpower, etc.
- Monitors orders in process to keep informed of manufacturing status and, when needed, initiate the necessary steps to maintain conformity with schedules.
- Prepare summary reports of safety stock and delivery performance on a regular basis and communicate results to Materials Manager and Production Manager.
- Identifies and communicates current and potential problems and opportunities so the management team can make appropriate decisions. Proactively leads changes for improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Routinely interact with IT on system and process improvements.
- Identified as operations customer service liaison.
- Day to day interface with operations planning effort within the facility.
- Analyzes inventory variances, identifies root causes and provides effective corrective action.
- Interfaces and coordinates between manufacturing, procurement, engineering, finance, and suppliers regarding component and schedule requirements and changes.
- Leads/participates in cost reduction, process improvement and quality improvement teams.
- Performs other function as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- 5-7 years experience using MRP/ERP computer systems. 3 years scheduling/forecasting experience.
- Proven experience and understanding of Kanban Market Systems. Good computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong written and communication skills.
- APICS certification preferred.
Greatbatch - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...