Eaton Corporation's Electrical Sensing and Controls Division of Eaton Aerospace located in Costa Mesa, California has an opening for a Senior Materials Planning Analyst.
This job is responsible for materials planning, scheduling, and work order release activities associated with the delivery of specific customer orders. The successful candidate would plan and coordinate receipt and inventory of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Manage the inventory and production plan for a given product group to optimize and meet plant goals.
Essential functions include:
A. Balancing current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities / capacities to ensure on-time completion of customer requirements.
B. Planning and releasing work orders as required to meet customer orders while maintaining optimum lead time and inventory level.
C. Initiating required documentation and / or system transactions to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
D. Driving shortage meetings with a cross functional team and expediting material where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
E. Analyzing data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
F. Establishing and maintaining planning parameters in order execution systems (such as Oracle) to ensure proper order generation.
G. Identifying material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
H. Analyzing and managing inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets and goals.
I. Supporting, and when required leading, cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
J. Compliance with plan safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
Additional preferred competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Through knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP / ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operations concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping / receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Good PC skills especially in MS Excel.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all operations related departments
- Ability to lead cross functional process improvement teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with different departments and understanding of the role of different departments in the success and function of plant operations.
- APICS CPIM certification.
- Proactiveness and ability to work with little supervision.
- Creativity in coming up with possible solutions to problems.
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...