The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Math Product Manager for our SpringBoard Program, headquartered in NYC but open to telecommuting candidates. SpringBoard is a research-based English and math curriculum for grades 6 through 12.
The SpringBoard Math Product Manager has direct responsibility for managing the SpringBoard Mathematics product life cycle including defining product requirements, product positioning, pricing, packaging, sales support, and communications. It is essential that the SpringBoard Math Product Manager work closely with other departments to ensure timely market intelligence informs current and future products and services. The Math Product Manager will also work on messaging and promotional outreach. The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business management skills with K12 educational market experience and have excellent communication and collaborative skills.
Math - Sales Channel Management/Sales Support
• Serves as the SpringBoard Math program liaison with Regional leadership and point person for internal knowledge sharing of SpringBoard products, services, and implementation. Partners with Regional Account Services on training and sales support needs and tools.
• Establishes math revenue forecasts and sales targets and strategies in collaboration with Regional Account Services. Monitors and reports on progress toward goals.
• Works closely with Government Relations and Regional Account Services to identify math-funding opportunities, including state adoptions or initiatives and/or other large opportunities in targeted states. Monitors Math state adoption cycles to analyze and recommend participation in state adoptions and/or specific request for proposals.
• Provides training to telesales to address the needs of small schools and remote sales opportunities.
Math Product & Professional Development
• Serves as primary liaison to the Research and Analysis division directing the focus of Math related SpringBoard research initiatives and efficacy studies.
• Gathers competitive and market intelligence and customer feedback to ensure SpringBoard Math reflects market needs in its products and services.
• Leads the SpringBoard Math Advisory Councils and College Board AAC for Math to keep abreast of trends and future needs in ELA.
• Participates in math content development leadership meetings to inform and contribute to product and professional development.
Math Product Management
• Responsible for SpringBoard math marketing strategy in collaboration with College Readiness and Corporate Marketing.
• Identifies effective communication mediums and develops effective marketing messages for target audiences to attain business goals. Creates an annual SpringBoard math marketing plan to be rolled into an overall marketing strategy for internal and external communication.
• Develops math product presentations to meet sales opportunities, conference and events as well as internal presentations. Supports tools and information for a small schools model.
• Trains a team of national consultants to support math sales and implementation.
B.A. or B.S. degree is required and a Masters in Education or an MBA is preferred.
5+ years of math teaching in grades 6-12.
Product management experience a plus, preferably in K12 educational publishing. Experience with educational technology, product development and or marketing is a plus.
• Analytic ability to gather and synthesize data and market intelligence
• Experience in business process analysis, design and documentation
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated abilities in crafting/delivering presentations and facilitating meetings
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to relate to educators at various levels
• Project management skills to prioritize / manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Financial acumen and budgetary experience
• Willingness and ability to travel 20% or more
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
The College Board - 2 years ago
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...