Littelfuse is the worldwide leader in circuit protection products and solutions with annual sales over 665 million in 2011. The Littelfuse portfolio, backed by industry leading technical support, design, and manufacturing expertise, has made significant investments in R&D and Distribution to ensure that we not only have the world’s broadest and deepest line of circuit protection solutions, but also the most advanced, recognized circuit protection brand in the world.
We work in a highly empowered work environment where managers are very involved in planning and generating ideas for improvement. You will be supported and surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. People who care about our customers and care about helping them achieve the results they seek. At Littelfuse you will be in great company!
Reporting to the Commercial Vehicle Products (CVP) Engineering Manager in Bellingham, WA, the Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for (1) designing, building, testing and implementing new product designs, (2) providing technical support for new products to Manufacturing and to field sales personnel, (3) researching new technologies and materials and (4) providing technical support to CAD Designers.
Other responsibilities include:
o Relay and/or solenoid design
- Working individually or as part of a team to develop new products from concept stage through production: design, construct, test and implement.
- Evaluating the capability of the design to meet performance and interface requirements by analysis or testing.
- Providing technical support to field sales personnel and customers, including potential sales, technical inquiries and complaints.
- Working with Manufacturing and Quality to achieve quality, reliability and manufacturability targets.
- Thoroughly documenting and reporting on the design process, keeping records of all design activities.
- Researching new technology and new materials and exploring possibilities of applying to new CVP products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 5-10+ years mechanical design and support with Automotive/ Commercial vehicle related products.
o Commercial vehicle battery management systems
o 3+ years experience with Power Distribution Modules
o Experience with corrosion resistance and sealed housing design
- Knowledge of industry, regulatory and environmental compliance requirements.
- Experience with plastics and metals and mechanical design methodology and tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Problem solving and research skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self directing; require minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Littelfuse - 20 months ago