Would you like to use your talents in a Senior Mechanical Engineer opportunity, innovating products that change the world? If you answered yes, Starkey Hearing Technologies has the position just for you!
Starkey Hearing Technologies is headquartered on a 47+ acre campus located in Eden Prairie, MN rewarding employees with beautiful, on-site walking trails. But that’s not all Stakey has two cafés with outdoor terraces, four weeks PTO, excellent medical and dental coverage, 401K, ESOP, community involvement and so much more. Known worldwide for its celebrity endorsements and annual gala, Starkey’s Hearing Foundation supports the gif of hearing and has donated more than 110,000 hearing aids globally in 2011 alone, supporting our mission: “So the world may hear”. Voted one of the nation’s Top Workplaces in 2012, Starkey is changing lives the world over.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited school is required
- Minimum of 10 years in a product development environment required; hearing or medical device industry experience preferred.
Skills & Abilies
- Advancedproficiency in ProE required
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice Standard required
- Intermediate knowledge of injection molding processing and tooling required
- Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used to manufacture injection molded plastic, stamped metal, and elastomeric components required
- Advanced knowledge of product development best practices (i.e. DFM, DOE, DFMEA, Lean PD, etc…) required
- Intermediate knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing required
- Intermediate knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) required
- Advanced knowledge of rapid prototyping process required
- Intermediate understanding of acoustics and vibration highly desirable
- Intermediate understanding and experience with various test equipment required
- Proven ability to perform complex engineering analysis and calculations required
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment required
- Ability to work with minimal guidance to make decisions and report progress required
- Requires personal communication and conduct skills at a professional level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be a self starter with high initiative
- Demonstrated leadership role in projects including ability to provide guidance and direction on the project to less experienced technical personnel required
- Ability to keep current with new technologies and industry trends required
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
Starkey Laboratories - 24 months ago
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...