Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
- Develop and maintain specifications for high volume plastic and tooling designs. Document and communicate what aspects of the design are critical for component function and molding processes
- Coordinate dependencies between design elements, milestone planning, and integration activities with development engineering leads and project and supply chain management
- Work with internal and external mold designers and automation engineers to ensure the design, production, packaging and delivery consistently meet plastic consumable quality standards
- Perform mold flow analysis on part and tooling design changes to improve part performance, tool change turn-around time and up time of the molding process
- Employ root cause analysis, DOEs and statistical based testing to determine the source of defects for plastic components
- Evaluate first article inspection reports and recommend statistical process control methods to ensure parts meet process capability and cost targets
- Maintain professional relationships and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to plastic design to ensure regulatory compliance and adoption of new technologies and industry best practices
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field; advanced degree preferred
5+ years experience designing and developing high volume, high cavitation plastic injection molded parts, including material selection and specifications
- 4+ years experience using Solidworks and mold flow analysis preferred
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma tools preferred
- Experience developing medical devices and working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulation is desirable
- Excellent teaming skills to work within a cross-functional team
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technology.
North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis