The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the specification, analysis, testing and integration of mechanical and electromechanical components used in fuel cell systems. These components include pumps, blowers, fans, compressors, heat exchangers, sensors, switches, solenoids, motors and motor controllers. This role requires close interaction with the systems, electrical, controls and packaging teams to ensure efforts are coordinated. The role also requires close interaction with the supply chain, quality, manufacturing and service teams to ensure designs meet cross functional requirements. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple assignments and willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced product engineering organization.
- Work with systems and electrical engineering teams to define requirements for a wide variety of mechanical and electromechanical components.
- Perform engineering analysis to define critical design parameters and predict design latitude.
- Create accurate, complete and concise engineering documentation to define critical component specifications and requirements.
- Develop statistically based test plans to optimize designs and verify design latitude.
- Write clear test results that can be used to verify engineering analysis and drive fact based decisions.
- Coordinate design changes with the systems, electrical, controls and packaging teams.
- Lead design changes through the enterprise change process.
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas and issues in both written and verbal form.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify and correct problem root cause.
- Strong teamwork a must.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in requirements, priorities and schedules.
- Minimal travel required to support supplier qualification, design reviews or other related activities
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10 years relevant experience.
Must have experience in supplier engagement and management.
Experience with the complete product development cycle preferred.
Robust design and optimization experience preferred.
Experience with chemical sensor technology a plus.
Experience with Pro/E a plus.
A Culture Built on Teamwork
How many times in your life will you work on products that change the energy landscape in real, commercial...