The purpose of this position is to be responsible for all aspects of the meeting planning relationship required by Takeda and its affiliates including the program management, planning, budget, third party relationships, meeting execution and program close-out tasks. This position may act as the full-service planner or use third parties to meet the business needs.
- Define and clarify meeting or convention related needs of business partners and work with them to meet their meeting expectations.
- Manage complex meeting or convention requirements including but not limited to; invitations, registration, air and ground travel, food and beverage requirements, audio visual, amenity selection, site inspections and selection, reconciliation, program evaluations and follow-up with minimal direction.
- Develop and manage detailed program budgets, control documents and tracking information for every program. Complete all required documents and follow corporate and departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance and continuity of all programs.
- Work with management and business partners to develop and manage meeting strategy, goals and outcomes the meet company, business partner and departmental goals.
- Build, maintain and manage partnering relationships with internal and external business to provide a team approach to the successful planning and implementation of all programs.
- Provide management oversight and direction for onsite and offsite vendors who provide support for meeting planning; manage and coordinate on site meetings in a global environment of cultural diversity, varying currencies, fluctuating political climates, language barriers and time zone differences.
- Provide/ensure high quality, effective onsite support of programs that meets the needs of the business.
- Help control risks associated with attrition, cancellation and aggregate spend by supplying report updates as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of meeting planning experience, or 9 years of meeting planning experience in a corporate, consulting or service provider environment
- 2 years International Meeting Planning experience. Must include experience with multi-national meetings.
- Pharmaceutical meeting planning experience preferred. Multi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to drive or fly to various meetings
- Ability to lift 25 lb boxes
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- 50- 60% overnight travel including International destinations; ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as well as standard business hours
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.