Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work
with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement
security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000
employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are
passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the
hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments
place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require
extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ
over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan
Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including:
Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of
HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Mercer Integrated Benefits (MIB) Consultant will lead consulting engagements with 5,000+ life employers regarding their voluntary product offerings and the integration of those offerings with core medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs. The consultant will also be deeply engaged in negotiate with benefits carriers/vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers.
structured on 100% of all released Plan Designs.
- Partners with MIB National Practice Leader to develop and execute MIB short and medium term strategies.
- Leads MIB’s jumbo plan design development and implementations.
- Provides ultimate peer review on all jumbo case plan designs, ensuring all content is accurate, on point and properly
exceed client/managing consultant expectations around voluntary benefit offerings.
- Coordinates and manages Plan Design Specialists in the jumbo market segment to implement programs that fulfill or
quoting, accuracy and timeliness on all RFP’s.
- Coordinates and partners with Carrier Relations Specialists to ensure client receives highest level of competitive
institutionalizing standardized metrics that drive best in market program performance for clients, consultants and MIB in
- Establishes disciplined project management protocols to support plan design implementations while developing and
terms of results, methodology and timeliness.
voluntary benefits products.
- Develops financial models and conducts financial analyses to project and track client revenues derived from the sale of
Mercer revenue, margin and ROI measures.
- Proactively ensures that all jumbo market re-enrollments are effectively planned and implemented.
- Tracks and manages jumbo market segment financial performance to meet or exceed annual objectives including
benefits to Mercer’s largest clients and prospects; serves as a resident technical expert on voluntary benefits during
- Develops executive level relationships with key H&B Consultants to sell and implement a personal book of voluntary
prospect meetings and finalist presentations; supports post-sale implementation during client open enrollment and serves
as a liaison between clients and voluntary benefit carriers and vendors.
such may arise, in a timely, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Assumes executive leadership role as key point of contact for 3rd party enrollment firms and select partners.
- Assumes an efficient, executive level leadership role in resolving conflicts with consultants, clients and partners, as
consultants which delivers the highest level of client and consultant satisfaction on each and every case.
- Support the National Practice Leader in establishing MIB as a highly value added offering to all Mercer client facing
and ensures that presentation materials remain current.
- Supports MIB practice leader in recruiting and training.
- Develops and delivers an inventory of Voluntary Benefit presentations that are customized for clients and prospects
educate Consultants on voluntary benefits.
- Develops and delivers an inventory of training materials targeted to in-house Consultants and delivers trainings that
- Executive level presence required.
- 10+years of increasing responsibility in an insurance carrier, health & benefits consulting, or insurance broker
- 7+ years managing direct reports.
- Leads by example, portraying positive attitudes.
- Expert level knowledge of voluntary benefit products with very strong knowledge/familiarity of benefit admin systems
- Very strong knowledge of enrollment systems (i.e. face to face, telephonic, self serve) and their appropriate
analysis skills, and exceptional writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Highly detail oriented with very strong people management skills, strong project management skills, strong financial
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health
- Highly proficient in the entire Microsoft office suite.
and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits,
career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our
company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds,
heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...