Senior Messaging Engineer
How would you like to join a team of 400+ IT professionals who provide global infrastructure support for one of the largest companies in the US?
Our employees and millions of customers worldwide depend on EOS to provide reliable infrastructure systems! EOS supports 24/7 global operations. If a serious problem occurs with servers, networks, storage, telecommunications, or system security, it could cost the company millions of dollars per hour. When a storm like Sandy hits, EOS is the team that ensures business continuity and disaster recovery. That’s why we need a team of dedicated experts up for the challenge and the responsibility! Very few companies can offer you the scale and diversity of technology or the level of personal responsibility that you can find in EOS.
Staples is currently seeking a Global Messaging Engineer responsible for the design, installation, and administration of various messaging applications. In this role, you will work as part of a team of seasoned professionals on all aspects of the design, implementation, support and maintenance of the Staples global messaging platforms.
Provide technical expertise and deliverables for projects and services associated with all areas of the Messaging Engineering platforms
Demonstrate experience designing, implementing and managing highly complex, distributed email environments
Assist in an on-going upgrade and consolidation of the global email environment
Provide 3rd level support for all mail related services and environments
Experienced in integration and migration best practices, techniques and tools
Manage global spam, and email security configuration and policies
Drive industry best practices along with standard configurations, protocols and technologies
Design and implement solutions that align with corporate standards and meet business needs
Ability to work as part of a team or independently to deliver projects and services on time
Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
Maintain all relevant documentation
Participate in an afterhours 24x7 on-call support rotation
Must be able to work on a multiple projects and requests simultaneously
- 10+ years IT experience supporting Windows environments
- 7+ years Messaging Engineering experience (Exchange 2003, 2010, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- ITIL certification a plus
- In depth expertise across Messaging platforms (Exchange 2003/2010)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing and owning projects and deliverables
- Extensive experience with spam filtering and gateway technologies
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory
- General understanding of mail clients and configurations
- VMWare and virtualization experience a plus
- Scripting and automation a plus
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 10 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...