Markit On Demand (MOD) is seeking a Senior Mobile Quality Assurance Professional, VP level, to join our team due to ongoing company growth and product demand.
This position is responsible for leading the testing of our Mobile Applications QA group in Boulder, including direct management responsibilities.
The Markit On Demand Quality Assurance Team's mission is to ensure that MOD delivers high quality products to all business owners and clients across the project spectrum. The QA team is responsible for the overall product quality of Markit's deliverables. In conjunction with the Mobile Application Development and Engineering teams, Quality Assurance verifies that projects at the delivery stage are meeting the expected design and functionality standards.
This role involves a mix of testing and management responsibilities.
Primary duties include:
• Participate in planning for projects, including requirements review, QA sizings, capacity planning and test planning for new and updates to existing mobile applications.
• Provide manual and automated testing for native iOS, Android and BlackBerry apps developed for the financial industry on phone and tablet. This will include acting as the primary tester on some projects, and helping out or providing backup as needed. Projects range in size from 2 days to 2 months or more of testing, and each tester typically works on multiple projects at a time.
• Work with the QA manager to define and direct the test automation strategy for mobile. Identify and implement tools or practices to improve efficiency, coverage, and repeatability of testing. Stay current with the latest developments in mobile devices and testing technology, and update the team’s testing approach as needed.
• Report on testing progress, open defects, and project risks.
• Manage workload, daily assignments, attendance, and performance for direct reports.
• Work directly with the business and project management to clarify constantly shifting schedules and priorities. Work with reports, QA leads, and QA manager to rebalance testing efforts on a daily basis as needed.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams of project managers, mobile application developers, engineers, and other QA individuals to ensure adequate testing coverage.
• Occasionally help out with web testing on other MOD QA teams experiencing capacity constraints, including desktop browser-based and mobile-responsive (HTML5) websites.
• Occasional evening or weekend work will be needed.
• A minimum of 5 years in Software Quality Assurance, with at least 2 years in a management role. Management experience should include directing work and managing performance of multiple reports.
• At least 3 years of experience testing native mobile applications on iOS, Android, and/or BlackBerry.
• Knowledge of and experience with automated testing for mobile applications using an industry-standard tool such as HP UFT/QTP. This should include scripting as well as executing automated tests.
• Experience with cloud-based mobile testing platforms, such as Perfecto Mobile, Keynote DeviceAnywhere, etc.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Training, mentoring, and presentation experience.
• Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
• The ability to manage multiple streams of work simultaneously, and mentor others in doing the same.
• Strong experience with test planning and documentation.
• Focus on maximizing test efficiency, effectiveness and coverage through use of testing tools.
• Highly collaborative and team oriented. Strong delegation skills.
• Strong record of defining and driving QA process improvements.
• Flexible and resilient. Results driven. Remains positive even during times of stress.
• A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Knowledge of finance and the financial markets.
• Experience with HP Quality Center (UFT/QTP, ALM) and/or Serena Business Manager.
• Experience with accessibility/ADA compliance testing for mobile apps.
• Experience testing mobile responsive/HTML5 websites.
• Experience with manual testing of web based applications, including black and gray box, functionality, usability, display, compatibility, and regression testing.
• Experience testing XML, DCL, relational databases/SQL.
• Experience working within an Agile development methodology.
Candidates must reside in-state or have firm Colorado relocation plans. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. This position is not open to relocation assistance or telecommuting.
Markit On Demand - 15 months ago