Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world’s largest producer of casual games; dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish’s network of more than 600 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games Studio. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalog of 3,000+ unique PC games and 300+ unique mobile games, and offers cross-platform streaming games via its proprietary universal cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited . Big Fish’s games are played in more than 150 countries on a wide variety of devices across 10 languages. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA; Cork, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Luxembourg.
We’re seeking you: A creative, Senior MySQL DBA who will play a key role on the database team responsible for supporting our MySQL infrastructure. This will include database design and architecture for existing and new initiatives, database monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning. This is a great opportunity to pull from your experience to help us build cutting-edge and scalable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
Skills and experience you should be bringing to the table:
- Working directly with developers to review database designs, index and queries
- Evaluating and recommending database hardware and MySQL versions
- Monitoring and performance tuning of production database systems
- Ensuring all maintenance, system integrity, capacity, scalability and space requirements for Big Fish Games database environments are met
Related experience and knowledge it would be nice to have:
- 4+ years experience with databases in a production environment with Oracle and/or MySQL
- Previous experience high transaction and 50+ database server environments
- Knowledge of various database replication and clustering methods.
- Experience with MySQL 5.1 and 5.5
- Experience in database backup, restore and disaster recovery procedures
- Experience with analyzing and tuning databases for performance and efficiency
- Skills in at least one of the following: Shell Scripting, Perl, Python or PHP
- Expert troubleshooting skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with engineering teams
Come be the next Big Fish in the pond!
- Percona Xtrabackup and Toolkit
- Experience with multiple database platforms
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with Linux or UNIX
- Bachelors degree in technology, engineering, or one with a mathematical focus
Big Fish - 16 months ago
Big Fish Games hopes to be just that in the casual retail gaming pond. A leading publisher of casual, single-player games, it offers titles...