Official Payments has an opening for a Sr. NOC Engineer in Norcross, GA. The chosen candidate will use monitoring tools to identify issues with Online Transaction Processing, and then work to identify the problem, investigate cause and implement solution to correct common failures. Problems that cannot be readily resolved will need to be promptly escalated to management. The Sr. NOC Engineer will support and drive the progression of incidents that occur within the Network Operations Center (NOC), in line with company expectations, policies and SLAs.
The NOC is responsible for ongoing and clear communication to internal stakeholders. The NOC is responsible to ensure that all major incidents are closed with detailed accurate information. Preparing reports such as Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis is required. The position will require the NOC to work a variety of shifts in support of the company requirements for 7x24x365 availability.
Minimum Education/Experience: Associate with 5-8 years of experience. Qualifications: The individual must have 5-8 years of experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting and analyzing production issues.
The qualified candidate will possess:
• Ability to work with other technical support engineers to diagnosis problems impacting transaction processing, follow procedures and processes to find solutions
• At least 2 years in similar positions
• Knowledge and understanding of IP, Routers, Switching Basics, VMWare, Windows, Cisco UCS servers, CheckPoint firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, SQL Server and java based code
• Knowledge of monitoring tools including Splunk, OpManager, Fog Light, SQL Sentry and others will be used on a daily basis to monitor the health of the Online Transaction Processing system.
• Strong customer focus
• Rigorous attention to details
• Coordination skills, result focused, comfortable engaging developer, manager and director levels to address code deployment issues in timely manner
• Ability to learn, autonomy, capacity of initiative
Support and monitoring will occur 7x24x365 days a year. Work hour requirements will be a two week schedule with four 12 hour shifts one week and three 12 hour shifts the following week. Specific work schedule and rotation will be determined based upon workload and company needs.
Official Payments Corp. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Official Payments Holdings helps the tax man get what's coming to him. Formerly Tier Technologies, the company provides electronic...