Summary The Sr. NOC Manager is an advanced technical leader, who is results-oriented and process driven. The Sr. NOC Manager will be responsible for delivering both the strategic and tactical structure needed to support and operate a high volume, high-transaction, dynamic 24/7/365 NOC environment. The Sr. NOC Manager is responsible for leading the frontline Network Operations Center, which encompasses 24/7/365 WAN/LAN, Systems and Application Monitoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and report on metrics for the performance of the NOC and individual NOC employees.
• Delivers constant improvement in real-time identification and resolution of real-time problems; brings a deep attention to process, training and actions necessary to support cutting time off of outages and issue detection, response and recovery
• Implements and enforces industry standards and best practices within the Network Operations Center.
• Reviews Key Performance Indicators that are both client and internally focused; motivates team to achieve performance goals
• Creates strategies for growth and ongoing maintenance of help desk department.
• Completes personnel performance appraisals on a timely basis.
• Acts as the escalation point from clients, compiling supporting data and reporting back to clients.
• Identifies and interviews candidates for the network operations team when needed
• Identifies areas for process, quality and efficiency improvement within the NOC; recommends prioritized enhancements with supporting details to Change Control Board and oversees implementation
• Ensures processes and procedures (e.g. reporting, patches, updates, call answering/handling, and training) are in place to support scalable growth
• Creates, implements and manages an on-boarding process for all new clients
• Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with NOC manager and engineering manager to review performance against SLAs
• Ensures that helpdesk metrics are accurate
• Conducts health-check calls with clients reviewing key performance indicators
• Regularly reviews monitoring systems to ensure accuracy and to identify needs and trends for support issues
• Ensures adequate coverage for 24/7/365 environment so that the network infrastructure is running effectively at all times which includes continuous monitoring of all services, and ensuring that every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
• Ensures department meets very aggressive network availability and ticket handling objectives.
• Develops, refines, and documents NOC policies, processes, procedures, and associated systems requirements and drive their implementation and use.
• Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through
• Ensures department is meeting all Security Compliance requirements
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills required to present department plans and activities to individuals and groups throughout the Company
This job typically supervises 1-3 NOC Managers, 1-5 Large Account Network Specialists, and 2-5 Network Engineers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and data graphs. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; Visio design software; Microsoft Word and Outlook software; and Whats Up Gold Monitoring software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Itel, and other industry standard certifications are a plus
Schedule flexibility including available for on-call assistance during afterhours, weekends, and holidays.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, including Electronics and/or Communications, Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5-10+ years of experience with providing enterprise customer managed network and security services (managed IP, router, firewall, etc)
• 5+ years managing a Network Operations Center
• Solid understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers and VoIP)
• TCP/IP networking knowledge and VoIP technology exposure, including SIP, H323 and softphone knowledge
• Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, and telecom circuits
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Management experience in customer implementation, network operations, IP operations, IP engineering, and IP architecture fields.
• Strong knowledge of network and security devices
• High energy, hands-on management and coaching abilities
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
• Strong understanding of IT NOC Operations and application management concepts and protocols
• ITIL, PMP or other industry certification is preferred
Contingent Network Services LLC. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Contingent was originally founded in 1984 as a fiber optic infrastructure services company. Since then, Contingent has dramatically...