About j2 Global:
Founded in 1995, j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of cloud services to individuals and businesses around the world. j2 Global's network spans 49 countries on six continents, supporting the company’s more-than 11 million eFax customers and voice services customers. The Company provides Internet fax, voice, email and online backup solutions to a wide range of businesses, from sole proprietors to Fortune 500 companies. j2 Global markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, Onebox®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and CampaignerCRM™.
In 2012 alone, j2 Global® has been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal (“20 Biggest Telecommunications Firms,” “Most Profitable Companies,” and LA’s “Largest Public Companies”), as well as a repeat ranking in the InformationWeek 500, a prestigious global listing of the leading technology companies that includes many Fortune 500 companies. It’s brands have also been recognized as industry leaders, including eFax receiving an “Editor’s Choice” award from PC magazine. As of December 31, 2011, j2 Global had achieved 16 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
Fast-paced and dynamic, j2 Global, Inc. is not your typical 9-to-5 work environment. Operating from numerous international offices – including Hollywood, Ottawa, Dublin, and our emerging market in Tokyo, Australia, New Zealand – and supporting a plethora of time zones, j2 Global™ truly lives up to its name.
The executive staff has an open door policy, inviting each member of the company – from directors and managers to entry-level positions and interns – to partake in casual conversation. Employees are not just colleagues – they’re business partners, fostering an efficient and effective environment. The inviting and energetic environment creates a world where differing opinions matter and collaboration leads to success. From a small start-up in 1995 to an award-winning company recommended by Forbes, j2 Global, Inc. has grown by establishing an amazing company culture – one that will continue to foster ingenuity and invention.
j2 Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work in the Network Operations Center Team for j2 Global Communications, Inc. The j2 NOC is a 7 by 24 by 365 operation.
- The successful candidate will perform tasks including but not limited to the following functions:
- Monitor, notify and escalate on alerts.
- Adhere to the shift schedule for the NOC Team and comply with all company and department policies.
- Document issues using the Ticket Tracking System and follow the Escalation and Notification Process.
- Participate in Change and Release Management activities.
- Develop and maintain documentation for NOC operations.
- Constantly improve the alerting of supported systems by adding, removing or revising alerts to better reflect the current platform operations or as requested by management.
- Accurately track hours worked using the time and attendance process.
- Prepare and publish shift turnover reports.
- Work with Customer Service, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 support groups to continually refine and improve the escalation and notification process.
- Troubleshoot & perform basic system administration tasks for Windows and Linux Servers, and Cisco equipment.
- Ensure that all open tickets are appropriately updated within established time frames.
- Drive the Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 groups to resolve problems within established SLAs and OLA’s.
- Coordinate remote datacenter activities, whether performed by j2 staff or by outside service providers.
- Ensure compliance with IT asset management and Inventory control practices.
- Contact Telco vendors to report circuit problems and escalate open trouble tickets to find resolution.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Must be willing and able to work 3rd shift (10PM-7AM)
- 3+ years computer operations experience in a multi-platform environment (UNIX, Linux, Widows Server)
- 3+ years experience with telecom operations & remote co-lo based operations
- 3+ years experience with Windows Server Administration and/or Linux, Unix or a similar OS
- 3+ years experience with monitoring tools such as HP OpenView, Zabbix, SolarWinds, Gomez is required.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated and project-oriented. Project Management experience is a strong plus.
- Ability to work individually, within a team, and with other groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Candidate must be well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and will be required to develop process documentation.
- Bachelors’ Degree and Technical Certifications are a strong plus.
- IT Help Desk experience is a plus.
- Multi-lingual is a plus
- On-call and shift based work is required.
- Some travel may be required.
j2 Global - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard