Multi-media publisher headquartered in Connecticut is looking for a sales rep in the Chicago area to handle the Midwest and Mid-south territories for Fine Cooking magazine. Responsibilities include developing new business and growing existing client revenue from a large base of advertisers active within the category.
Individual will work out of a home office and be responsible to sell print, online, and integrated advertising programs to prospects and maintain/expand programs for existing clients. We are looking for someone eager to identify, foster, and maintain strong relationships with advertising agencies and clients in the territory. Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are a prerequisite. Experience in the Epicurean/Food categories is a must. Travel, financial and TV sponsorship sales a plus. Minimum 25% travel.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a high level of in-person sales calls with agencies and clients in territory
• Sell prospective advertisers and increase existing client revenue
• Develop new business
• Develop selling strategies to drive new revenue through proactive, innovative & integrated media programs
• Develop sales plans and presentations/proposals
• Travel into territory to develop new business and client relationships
• Attend industry trade shows
• Maintain customer database information, sales forecasts and sales activity reports
• 5+ years of media sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven track record of overachievement
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ancillary database systems
The Taunton Press, Inc - 10 months ago