VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing
HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch,
listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Senior National Account Manager
in our Bloomington, Minnesotaoffice. This candidate must be aggressive,
creative, resourceful, and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial
environment. The position requires outstanding sales, communication,
organization, management skills as well as a gift for developing and maintaining
relationships. A greater degree of leadership is expected; to be demonstrated
primarily through mentoring of Jr. NAM/NAM team members.
High Level Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for driving success within account in both unit and
revenue goals for the entire Account Portfolio (Brick & Morter, .com)
• Oversee development and successful selling, while building productive
• Responsible for implementing strategic initiatives that help close any
performance gaps or secure the future business objectives
• Responsible for developing and mentoring the team (NAM, Jr. NAM) to
achieve sales objectives
• Analyze customer/competition situations and make recommendations to
the internal Category Management teams
• Collaborate with the assigned Sales Analysts and for implementation of
forecasts, promotional planning and pricing roadmaps
• Keep well informed on the industry in relation to VIZIO vs. Market,
• Pursue special projects such as special competitive investigations,
market studies on new products, as well as business trends to increase account
• Work individually and as a team member within all VIZIO departments:
sales, marketing, business planning, logistics, accounting and customer service.
• Must have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable
presenting in front of an audience.
- Assist with the expansion of our products into BestBuy locations by
partnering with VIZIO and BestBuy to understand product preference,
merchandising, logistical and retail execution expectations.
- Review the weekly comp shop shop to identify competitive products within our
category to highlight any landscape that could affect our performance and
execute a plan of action
- Use Retail Link data to evaluate sales velocity, overcome sales hurdles and
meet or exceed sales targets.
- Analyze and interpret reports with regard to shipments, sales, promotions
- Generate Adhoc reports and make effective recommendations as needed.
- Assist with Accounting issues to minimize dilution within the account
- Customer service, which contribute to overall customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to travel
- Responsible for annual planning efforts, such as refreshing store fixtures,
special events, customer meetings, and assist with marketing strategies for
business planning purposes.
- Recommend and execute customer specific promotional plans.
- Lead Quarterly and Annual customer business reviews: Work closely with
buyers to align with customer initiatives
- Identify areas for process improvement.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Monitor and collaboratively plan weekly/monthly/yearly item forecasts with
- Work closely with Business Planning and Category Managers to have a clear
understanding of production capacities so that planning/forecasting/allocations
can be adjusted accordingly
- Manage inventory optimization to ensure adequate stocking levels and
appropriate product mix by store, or store grouping.
- Item maintenance for new and existing items within the retailer’s database
and our internal database.
- Achieve optimal price points on our items in accordance with pricing
- Ensure weekly purchase orders are issued by your client based on
allocation/forecast – act as the liaison between client and logistics.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Logistics to troubleshoot problems
and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a retail environment with experience
in a variety of retail functions: sales, demand planning (allocation, pricing,
forecasting, inventory), category management, merchandising, marketing and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management considered a plus but not
required if proven experience.
- Prior account management and people management required
- Proven ability to set clear objectives, identify priorities, provide
direction and coordinate solution related activities.
- Possess solid verbal and written communications skills and the ability to
effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able to develop and manage retail customer relationships.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports
- Able to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid
- Proficient in Microsoft products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP
VIZIO - 20 months ago
VIZIO has done for HDTVs what Dell did for PCs and Southwest Airlines did for air travel: sell them for less. The company sells low-cost...