We are seeking a results-oriented individual to work as a Senior Network Services Administrator in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment.
The Senior Network Services Administrator is responsible to ensure that the server and related technology meets and supports the business requirements of the enterprise and user community. The Senior Network Services Administrator can participate in a technology Center of Excellence.
Working under the direction of the Director of IT, the Senior Network Services Administrator coordinates and provides support and maintenance for servers, server based applications and network infrastructure including hardware maintenance and repair.
When required the Senior Network Services Administrator will also be responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of servers, server related technology and LAN Network infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Telecom operations, to include the day-to-day operation of Voice over IP telephone systems
• Administration of a complex NetApp storage environment.
• Administration of a VMWare VSphere server environment, as well as a VMWare Horizon (VDI) environment
• Administration of a complex Microsoft SQL Server environment
• Administration of backups, utilizing Symantec Backup Exec
• Resolving problems reported through the help desk tracking system, desktop support and application support calls when the services of either the Network Services Administrator or System Specialists are not available or not qualified
The Senior Network Services Administrator will work closely with and coordinate the activities of Network Services Administrators and Support Specialists at Levels I, II and III, both locally and at remote locations, to ensure that servers, network infrastructure, desktop systems, and applications function correctly in our environment.
• Ability to gather and support business requirements
• Coordinates, plans and participates in the execution of assigned projects
• Monitor and test software, operating systems and hardware technology
• Troubleshoot, resolve and document issues
• Identify opportunities and recommend ideas for improvement to mitigate risk and optimize technology
• Maintain an awareness and an updated status of projects that fall within span of responsibility
• Provide coaching and mentoring opportunities to entry level and general support staff
• College Degree or equivalent required
• 3 years related experience
• Ability to lead and coordinate the team activities of others
• Proficient use of applicable technology
• Ability to execute and draft technical instructions and guidelines
• Ability to document daily activities and system functions
• Able to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
• Ability to travel as required by business and on-call availability
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Electronic Systems, Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...