Responsible for the support of network infrastructure services including e-mail, storage, backups, disaster recovery, wired & wireless networks, physical & virtual servers, Active Directory, network security and access control.
- Serve as high-level technical resource for the resolution of complex technical issues that confront the college. Consult and/or collaborate with technical staff in the other units of the college, to ensure as far as possible that a uniform approach is taken to campus network operations.
- Evaluate needed hardware, software and services, and propose major acquisitions and upgrades to the Executive Director of ITS and the Director of ITS, Infrastructure and Programming.
- Work on assigned projects and acts as the main technical resource for the project.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions; plan and execute implementation for robust, secure and stable networks and systems services.
- On a daily basis, and often independently, maintain upgrade, diagnose and repair problems with servers, storage, switches, firewalls, VPN, network performance and security monitoring, systems logging, and Windows Active Directory
- Develop appropriate support documentation and communicate (verbally and/or written) technology updates to the campus community
- Ensure System maintenance plans are planned and performed, such as: System patches and upgrades, backups/restores, LAN/WLAN/WAN performance, telephony support, cable management, security administration, intrusion prevention/detection.
- Oversee the relationships and supervise outside contractors and vendors in support of the College's technology infrastructure.
- Provide the overall planning and administration of network infrastructure, Windows Server operating systems, and related systems applications.
- B.S. Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline with at least 4 years progressively responsible experience in an information systems management position, including at least 2 years in an enterprise network environment..
- Demonstrated knowledge of current networking technologies (hardware and software) and infrastructure design as well as knowledge of computer operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS X and Linux.
- Expertise in supporting MS Server 2003/2008, MS Exchange 2007 / 2010, MS Active Directory 2008
- Significant experience with MS SQL Server 2008, MS IIS, Disaster Recovery, IBM servers, Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Experience with the design, implementation, management and operational support of large complex storage and backup and recovery systems and their related systems preferably using NetApp data storage system
- Experience with VMware ESXi 5.0 and VCenter 5.0
- Experience with Cisco Wireless Technology including Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Experience with Load Balancing Technology and SSL Offload systems
- Expertise using Windows Powershell
- Experience with network access control (NAC) systems
- Previous experience managing vendor/consultant arrangements
- Working knowledge of LDAP-compatible directory systems required
- Working knowledge of cable plant management, including CATV, fiber optics, and twisted pair technologies
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate and lead a team in a collaborative manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Experience in complex higher education network infrastructure
- Knowledge of Extreme networking equipment
- Previous Large scale project management experience