The Senior Network Architect will help lead the design, architecture standards, implementation, and management of a nationwide corporate network environment. The Network Architect is responsible for technical leadership and vision, design, and deployment of network based solutions and standards. In addition, this position will provide continued maintenance, and support of all routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless, and voice components.
This includes: facilitating design reviews for proposed architectures; providing recommendations on viability, implementation strategies and optimal implementation of solutions; demonstration of expert level knowledge of network topologies and conditions; ensuring changes to network topologies are made with minimal down-time; setting strategic and technical direction for data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigating and resolving network and hardware matters of significance; researching, analyzing, isolating and resolving errors; assessing and updating older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
o Implement and configure Cisco’s CUCM 7.x+ product line and associated Cisco Voice Gateway platforms (including H323 and MGCP).
- Plan, design, implement, and maintain the local and wide area telecommunications and data networks; define, evaluate and approve any design or configuration changes.
- Provide leadership and vision on technical matters.
- Design, configure, implement, and support voice (VoIP) related projects.
o Implement and configure Cisco’s Unity Voicemail platform.
o Create and implement dial plans.
- Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from a wide range of vendors.
- Customize and manage Network Monitoring and Management tools specifically using HP’s Network Node Manager and Performance InSight applications.
- Monitor overall network service performance and take action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual network services.
- Provide in-depth problem analysis and resolution. Provide on-call support in rotation with other Engineering and Operations staff. Support includes all levels of application, server, and network troubleshooting.
- Manage relationships with suppliers of network hardware, software, systems and support services including contract negotiation; and ensure compliance to contractual commitments.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including operational procedures, reference materials, research papers, disaster recovery plans and training documentation.
- Ensure that processes conform within defined standards, and manage internal audits.
- BA or BS in EE/CS or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience on a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles.
- Deep and substantial operational experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless and voice systems.
- Proficiency with Cisco’s CUCM 7.x+ product line and associated Cisco Voice Gateway platforms, including H323 and MGCP experience.
- Proficiency with Cisco’s Unity Voicemail platform.
- Experience with Cisco’s IPCC Express is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, VoIP, Wireless, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, SNMP, QoS, 802.1x, Radius, DNS and DHCP protocols and services.
- Superior network routing protocol troubleshooting skills in all of BGP, OSPF, and MPLS.
- Proficient skills for Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong English-language written and oral communications skills with the ability to influence others with network engineering solutions.
- The ability to manage projects through to completion with an emphasis on keeping stakeholders regularly informed of project status.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.