Working as a leading member of the Global SaaS & IT team, the Sr. Network Engineer will report to the Sr Director of SaaS & IT and have the primary responsibilities of designing, implementing, and managing the SaaS Datacenters and corporate network solution set. This includes integration into our SaaS data centers as well. Services and infrastructure to be managed includes wireless, site-to-site and client VPN, firewalls, switches, routers, and a significant VoIP infrastructure (to be built). As the primary network resource for the SaaS & IT department, candidate will work closely with Engineering Operations organizations to maintain excellence in network security practices, uptime, flexible and resilient architecture, and simplicity for local office needs. The candidate should drive continuous improvement and growth of the company through strong skills and experience in various data and networking technologies like: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, EtherChannel, QoS and 802.11a/g/n. The candidate must be an excellent project manager to see projects through all stages of a solution lifecycle, including defining requirements, drafting and presenting technical proposals, deploying, and maintaining the best solutions. A strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork will be required, as this individual will be in a strategic position to influence and lead change within the SaaS & IT Organization. This position will require some on-call support and off-hours maintenance work.
- Analyze, design, test, document, implement, and provide operational support assistance across all corporate networking infrastructure and SaaS services.
- Develop and design global networking solutions with the following requirements in mind: Usability, Reliability, Performance, and Supportability/Maintainability.
- Provisioning new circuits for internet and/or site to site connectivity.
- Manage relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Design and implement network management and monitoring solution. Provide operational support and transition for solution.
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Drive the continual evolution and support of the network plan for consistency and growth.
- Resolve and troubleshoot operational issues involving wireless, routers, switches in a multi-routing (OSPF, BGP, static) infrastructure.
- Provide support for the corporate IT network.
- Train and mentor peers to develop members of the team and other technical resources, as necessary.
- Ideal candidate should have at least 8 years' experience in wireless, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN/MAN technologies.
- Strong knowledge in wireless security: WPA/WPA2, PEAP, EAP-TLS, 802.1X.
- Strong working knowledge of wireless LAN technologies. 802.11a/g/n, Access points (APs), wireless LAN controllers, wireless management, Two Factor Authentication, Active Directory (AD), RADIUS, TACACS, and RSA.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the design, provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches, security devices, and supporting components.
- Proficiency working with access control list (ACLs), TCP/IP, VLAN, IP Multicast, routing (BGP, OSPF), and switching.
- Proficiency with public key infrastructure (PKI) and certificate authority (CA).
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with fellow engineers through mutually deep technical skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen. Interaction with business leaders of various verticals, cultures, and technical levels is a key component of this role.
- Ability and desire to mentor or develop other IT staff and engineers.
- Team player.
- Certification in network technologies and application, such as CCNP or CCIE helpful.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools (i.e. Mobile Iron, Airwatch, etc.) helpful.
- Experience with merger and acquisition activities and processes preferred.
- Experience with VBLOCK or any other Converged Infrastructure a Plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the IT field.
AtHoc, Inc. - 13 months ago
The AtHoc partner program focuses on marketing and reselling notifications solutions for emergency notifications, force...