Basic Purpose and Scope
Under the leadership of the Director of Professional Services, Senior Network Engineer provides technical leadership and quality assurance delivering consulting and integration services to clients. Network Engineers provide clients with the highest levels of technical skill and network consulting capability and are responsible for providing best practice and technical market trend and strategy information back to the company.
The scope and focus of a Senior Network Engineer will be to become a key contributor to ensure quality and promote best practices across the company, from technology to workflow and practices.
Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Responsible for design, installation, integration, and configuration of networking equipment in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Experience and understanding of Routing, IP addressing, VLANS, GigE, Frame Relay, VPN’s, MPLS and other network topologies.
- Technical understanding of Cisco LAN/WAN networking protocols.
- Complete understanding of Cisco switching architecture and core distribution methodology.
- Experience with design and configuration of Cisco IP Telephony/VoIP and Cisco Network Security applications, systems, and hardware is highly desirable.
- Experience with Cisco MARS, CCA, CSA a plus.
- Cisco certifications preferred.
- Deliver complete and exceptional Lifecycle Service Delivery including:
- Pre sales consulting and design
- Implementation and integration
- Maintenance and support
- Provide exceptional client relationship management including:
Provide technical leadership by:
- Providing technical guidance
- Ensure strong relationships and communications
- Setting clear and consistent expectations
- Clearly understand and document customer deliverables
- Identify and progress new sales
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Creating optimal solutions that meet client business requirements and will progress IPLogic objectives
- Meet IPLogic standards for technical prowess, presence and communication skills
- Create and leverage best practices
- Collaboration and proactive communication with clients and fellow engineers.
- Continually develop, refine and refresh if necessary technical and professional skills that match company objectives
- Communicate with colleagues, management, customers, vendors and others in a courteous professional manner.
- Conform and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conform to all safety rules.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Travel required.
- Must be able to transport self to various customer sites as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, one or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven years technology experience designing, installing, and/or working with internetworking hardware and software.
- Industry specific certifications as required by position.
- Customer service experience.
IPLogic - 2 years ago